Thread: 4/20/05: Royals/Twins

AA ERA

4/20/05: Royals/Twins

Twins have a quick two-game homestand before they go to Detroit for the weekend to play the Tigers. I am not even sure why there is a two game series with one team and then another two-game series with another team in the middle of the week. You normally see that during the interleague week not in April. That's strange.

Twins are coming off a frustrating loss to the She-ca-go Whiney Sux with runners left in stranded position two nights in a row. They better turn it around or else they could be in last place by the end of the week.

If they can't hit Royals pitching, just who they can hit. I hope the Royals can be the tonic to cure the Twins. Even if they sweep the Royals, all is not going to be well. They got lot of work to do.

Johan has a 16-game winning streak I believe. He has been great. He has been to even better. He has to throw a shutout though and then pray to God that they score at least 1 run because that's the only way the Twins are going to win tonight and with days to come.

Lima vs. Cy-tana

Rookie ERA
    Yeah and the Yankees had hoped the DRays would get them out of their funk! It worked for one game and then last night they fell right back into a tie for last!

We have to remember it is not how we start but how we finish up that counts. We've started badly before and come out on top. I'll be the voice of optimism!!!!

Let's go Johan!!

AA ERA
    DG: Yankees got issues IMO. Anytime they lose to the D-Rays is not a good thing. They should be beating them. Yankees might turn it around and be a playoff team, but I just wonder if they have what it takes to win it all especially with that bullpen which is a mess.

There are never easy games. Twins are in no position to say which game is easy. Royals have been pain in the rear end for the Twins in the last two years and I know this year will be no different. They gotta find a way to beat them.

I am so down on the Twins right now. Last night was so depressing. I hope things change soon or it will be a miserable summer.

Rookie ERA
    Steak, you gotta have faith - it will [U]turn around!!! It is just mid-April! We gotta get Silva back and Justin M back and we'll be right in there once again. Altho I do like this Tiffee kid - he looks good at 1st and swings the bat with some power.

Let's hope this funk is a one and done kinda thing and we'll win out series for the remainder of the year. They are the Twins - we can do anything!!

Hang in there. Gotta run.
    Go Twins.

AA ERA
    TWINS WIN! TWINS WIN! TWINS WIN!

Finally! It's about time that the Twins won. This is a game that they really needed to win or else be behind by 3 games and have the Indians on the Twins necks. With She-ca-go winning tonight and the Indians playing the Angels, they needed this win. They also needed this win to get out of their funk. Twins can not afford to have a long losing streak and be in the eight-hole early.

There were times I really wondered if the Twins were going to win this game with the Royals leading 4-3. Twins had men stranded in scoring position AGAIN tonight and they hit into double plays to end their threat. Fortunately, they came through in the eighth inning. Still it's not very good when you leave runners in scoring position that many times as you saw again for the third straight night. Twins let the Royals off the hook too many times tonight. The way they are hitting right now is just not acceptable in the major league level. Considering how bad the Royals pitching is, Twins should have blown out the Royals and make them pay out there very early. They almost blew it in the eighth inning. Thank God Shannon had a big base hit and a crucial RBI to give us the win.

Torii had a great game as he had three hits. Jacques Jones played well too.

Johan pitched with a very heavy heart tonight. His wife delievered a daughter as Johan and his family has their second child today. Congrats to Johan and his wife. He pitched pretty darn good outside of the third inning where he gave up couple of singles and then Sweeney belted it in the upper deck of left field. He did a good job. I am proud of him.

Juan was great in the eight.

The Nathanator did his job in the ninth.

This was a good win. Yeah it was a struggle to beat the Royals, but a win is a win. It's better option to losing.

With that said, Twins got long ways to go.