Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Random Brewers Ramblings

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Re: Random Brewers Ramblings

ooops. I miss read who posted that information. sorry brewercrewrock.

AAA ERA

LoL it's ok BF

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

You are so kind to forgive me there HB! That is why I think you are so cool!

AAA ERA

I do my best

Lol I forgive you too BF19
    TBSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2010-present
    Former TSSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2019-2020 163-161 .501
    Former TSSL manager of the Toronto Blue Jays 2018-2019 record- 118-206 % .364
    Former CSSL manager of the San Fransisco giants 42-40 % .512

overall record 323-407 pct: .442

www.youtube.com/packersrock58
    christopher_stone_1@msn.com

AAA ERA

Good luck to Ryan Braun and Corey Hart in the All-Star game! And Corey Hart in the HR derby tonight!

AAA ERA

Sveum to return as Brewers hitting coach
    Oct 23, 11:01 pm EDT

MILWAUKEE (AP)—Dale Sveum is staying with the Milwaukee Brewers as hitting coach, even though the team hasn’t hired a new manager.

The team said Saturday night that Sveum had agreed to a two-year contract.

Sveum has been on the Brewers staff for five seasons, as third-base coach (2006 and 2008), bench coach (2007) and hitting coach (2009-10).

He was interim manager for the final 12 games of the 2008 season after Ned Yost was fired. While the Brewers won the NL wild card to reach the playoffs for the first time since 1982, they lost to Philadelphia in four games in division series. Sveum was not considered for the permanent manager’s job, which went to Ken Macha.

Macha was fired at the end of the 2010 season, and Sveum interviewed to succeed the fired John Russell as manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates, a job that remains open.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Brewers general manager Doug Melvin told Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that the club has broken off negotiations with Chris Capuano.
    "Chris wants to be a starting pitcher and we don’t see a match at this time," said Melvin. "We like Chris a lot but we both decided it was best he look elsewhere. I heard teams are showing interest." The Brewers have already added Zack Greinke and Shaun Marcum via trade and feel that Chris Narveson can be the club's fifth starter. Capuano, 32, returned from a second Tommy John surgery to post a 3.95 ERA and 54/21 K/BB ratio over 66 innings this past season. He could be a nice find for someone.
    I would love to see the Giants try and get him on a minor league deal but he probably can get guaranteed money somewhere. I would definitely take a flier on him if I were a GM. The Astros and Pirates should try and get him since he knows the Central and both teams have holes.

AAA ERA

Brewers take pair of college hurlers in first round
    Crew hopes Jungmann, Bradley can end tough Draft trend

By Adam McCalvy / MLB.com | 06/06/11 8:40 PM ET

MILWAUKEE -- For the third straight year under amateur scouting director Bruce Seid, the Brewers used a first-round Draft pick on a pitcher. Seid hopes the third time is the charm.

This time, he's got some insurance.

The Brewers spent the 12th overall pick in the First-Year Player Draft on University of Texas right-hander Taylor Jungmann, then picked Georgia Tech left-hander Jed Bradley 15th overall. The team had two first-round selections this year because it didn't sign its first-rounder in 2010.

6/6/11: The Brewers select college pitcher Taylor Jungmann with the 12th overall pick in the 2011 First-Year Player Draft

2011 Draft: Taylor Jungmann, P

2011 Draft: Jed Bradley, P

If you like big, strong pitchers, you'll like the Brewers' picks. Jungmann is 6-foot-6, 220 pounds and one of three finalists for the prestigious Golden Spikes Award, which goes annually to the best player in amateur baseball. Bradley is 6-foot-4, 224 pounds and boosted his stock last summer in the Cape Cod League.

Both are coming off their junior seasons; Jungmann is 21 and Bradley will turn 21 on Sunday.

Jungmann is 13-1 with a 1.39 ERA this season for Texas, including a scoreless inning of relief earlier Monday in the Longhorns' regional win over Kent State. Texas advanced to the Super Regional for the eighth time since 2000.

Bradley went 7-3 with a 3.49 ERA in 16 starts at Georgia Tech, and struck out 106 batters in 98 innings.

Milwaukee has had mixed results drafting pitchers in the first round. Seid took over the team's top amateur scouting slot in 2009, and spent a first-round pick on Indiana University right-hander Eric Arnett, who has struggled mightily as a professional and is currently at extended spring camp rehabbing a shoulder issue. Seid followed in 2010 with Dylan Covey, a prep right-hander from Pasadena, Calif., who was poised to sign last August when his physical exam revealed he was Type 1 diabetic. Covey opted to attend the University of San Diego instead.

Before Arnett, the Brewers had not used their first overall pick on a pitcher since prep righty Jeremy Jeffress in 2006. He was traded to the Royals last winter in the Zack Greinke deal. The team's top pick in 2005 was another prep righty, Mark Rogers, who is currently considered the team's top pitching prospect, but has dealt with shoulder problems in the past and a wrist injury this season.

The last first-round Draft pick to pitch an extended period of time with the Brewers was Ben Sheets in 1999.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142