Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Brewers Ramblings

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    pfft, I'm pretty certain no other team has "use" for Womack like the Reds do

MLB ERA
    Brewers are currently in 4th place and 6 games back of the Cardinals...I think it'd be great for baseball if they can stay in the race for a playoff spot all season.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Freakin Brewers halted the sweep from the Reds tonight. Nice game as teh Brew Crew continues to dominate Claussen and Davis continues to dominate the redlegs.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Jim Powell Q & A :

Q: Jamie of Milwaukee - Were Turnbow's recent struggles just a blip on the screen?

A: Jim Powell - Hello everyone. I've been looking forward to chatting with you all again. It is a great way to pass the time in Cincinnati, trust me. Nice game last night, eh? Jamie, I think Turnbow is fine. Even the night he got pulled he wasn't pitching that badly...coupla ground balls found holes and he walked a man. He has been just about the best closer in the game for over a year and there is no indication that will change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: Mike of Glendale - Why doesn't Ned Yost use Bill Hall or Cirillo at second base when leading late in games (obviously when JJ Hardy is healthy)? Weeks can get his experience in innings 1-7. Late inning errors seem to just kill teams. Our bullpen is not "lights out". I would think Ned would want his best defensive players on the field at the end. That's how playoff baseball is played.

A: Jim Powell - I tend to agree with you except that the Brewers don't quite look ready for the playoffs yet. You can't be the one of the worst in the league in pitching and defense and expect to make the postseason. Everyone knows many of these players are young and are going to improve, but until that happens I think the Brewers believe it is better for Weeks and company to keep getting experience. They are doing everything they can to keep Weeks' defensive problems from being compounded by making it a mental issue moreso than it naturally is. It isn't easy to keep the big picture in mind in the heat of the battles, but so far they have.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Q: craig of muskego - Jim - what do you think of giving Jorge de la Rosa a shot at the 5th spot in the rotation? He has been pitching well lately and getting him on a set schedule might be what he needs to turn the corner. Besides, the Brewers have kept him around for the last 2 years based on his potential - isn't it time to give him his shot??

A: Jim Powell - If it was up to me, yes, I'd give him the shot. I think it could help the team and I know it would be the best thing for his development. When you have the kind of ability that Jorge has, it is in everyone's best interests to try to help him fulfill his potential. He has the repertoire to be a good starter and I think he would benefit greatly command-wise from the regular work a starter gets both on his day to pitch as well as his side sessions in between starts. I would like to see it.
    Q: Craig of Muskego - Jim - does the lack of depth on the infield right now make you nervous at all? What happens if Billy Hall goes down early in a game with an injury - is Weeks the backup at short?

A: Jim Powell - I'm not too worried about it. JJ will probably be back sooner than later so this is a temporary problem. In a pinch Weeks or Cirillo could play SS, and with that in mind Cirillo got some time at SS in last night's debacle.
    Q: Fred of Muskego - Jim - you are now in control of the Brewers budget for next year. You can only keep 1 of your high salary outfielders - who do you keep; Jenkins or Lee??

A: Jim Powell - Tough call. Lee is the more complete hitter but Jenkins is a far better outfielder. It would depend on what I could get in a trade for each of them and how my scouts rate the prospects like Hart and Nelson Cruz who would have to step up and play in their stead.
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=426363

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Comeback Kings:

PHILADELPHIA -- These come-from-behind victories are becoming very common for the Brewers this season.
    For the 17th time in 2006, the Brewers rallied for a win, this time a 6-5 victory in 10 innings over the Phillies before a sellout crowd of 43,852 on Friday at Citizens Bank Park.

The Brewers are tied with the Red Sox for the most come-from-behind wins this season.

"We've been battling pretty good and we've got a bunch of them," Milwaukee manager Ned Yost said. "Our guys don't quit."

Prince Fielder's RBI single off Phillies closer Tom Gordon in the top of the 10th inning scored Carlos Lee and propelled the Brewers (25-23) to their second straight win and their fourth in a row over the Phillies this season.

"It is a big win," Fielder said. "It was a tough game, and it was good that we were able to come back and get a win. That is a good team over there, so anytime you can pull a close win, it gives us more confidence for the next day."
    http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=mil

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    They are like the Reds of a couple years ago.
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan28
    They are like the Reds of a couple years ago.
    yeah man that was a fun season to watch. I remember going crazy many nights watching those games. We got a little taste of it the other night though.

MLB ERA
    damn it...Cappy let me down tonight...I guess he was due for it, but damn it...6 innings, 6 earned, 11 hits, 6 k's, 2 walks, and 3 homers...to the Pirates

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Bucs will surprise some people sometimes.

Capuano is still not a bad guy to pull for or to have as a fantasy league pitcher.

MLB ERA
    Cappy got the win the other night...I was just frustrated with his performance the game before that.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Do you have him on a league?

MLB ERA
    I believe he is on all 3 of my teams...

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Dang man, you really like Cappy. Favorite player type or what? Or did he just happen to fall in your lap every time your pick came up?

MLB ERA
    he was targeted for one of the leagues and kinda was just the best option at the time in the other 2 drafts. But really, how can you go wrong with young lefties that were solid the year before?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    exactly. I really like him. He is another big part of this team. They have so much young talent, it is scary.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast