http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brew/dec05/374823.asp

Milwaukee Brewers manager Ned Yost was surprised by his reaction upon seeing the club's new retro uniform.

"When I first saw it, it really threw me back. It was like going back in time," said Yost, recalling his days as a player with the Brewers in the early 1980s.

That was precisely the idea as the Brewers unveiled their new alternate uniforms Thursday night during their "Winter Warm-Up" event at Miller Park. The "ball and glove" logo the team wore from 1978-'93 is back, at least for Sunday home games.
Shrugging it off: One of the players participating in the event was first baseman Lyle Overbay, who has heard his name mentioned in trade rumors almost since the beginning of the off-season. That talk is sure to heat up next week at baseball's winter meetings in Dallas.

If the possibility of never getting a chance to wear the retro uniforms bothered Overbay, you would never know it.

"I'm not really a nervous Nellie," Overbay said. "I'll keep my (cell) phone on, but I'm not really worried about it."

Overbay has made it clear he would like to stay with the Brewers, who gave him his first real chance to be a regular player. But he understands that heralded rookie Prince Fielder waits in the wings.

"They've made it clear they're not going to trade me just to trade me," Overbay said. "They told me I'm an important part of the team. But Prince is going to get here. It's just a matter of time. At some point, it has to be him or me."