Thread: Sheets on DL and may miss the rest of season

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Brewers Sheets on DL and may miss the rest of season

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2144687

Ben Sheets was put on the 15-day disabled list by the Milwaukee Brewers on Saturday with a torn back muscle and might miss the rest of the season.

Sheets left Friday's game against Atlanta in the eighth inning with what the Brewers said was a strained upper back. He awoke Saturday with discomfort and had an MRI exam, which revealed a tear of the latissimus dorsi, a muscle in the upper back that moves the shoulder.

Brewers team physician Dr. William Raasch said the injury typically requires four weeks to two months to heal.
    Looks like this opens the door for the Reds or Cu-hubs to capture 3rd place all for themselves

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Ouch. This certainly isn't great news for Milwaukee, even if they're out of the race. Back problems have a tendency to pop up along the way, even though I've never seen one exactly like this.

On the bright side, it limits his innings though, which is mostly good with a young pitcher.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    Back problems have a tendency to pop up along the way
    Yeah, just ask a guy named Randy Johnson. Anyway, Milwaukee really better hope this doesn't carry over into next year. Ben Sheets is a terrific pitcher when healthy and has the potential to be one of the next great starters in this league. I can definitely see this guy winning 20 games someday, if he ever gets out of Milwaukee at least.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AA ERA
    Milwaukee is geting better too. He could get 20 there soon.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

With guys like Sheets along with the rest of the pitching staff among other things (specifically hitting prospects), the Brewers could be REALLY dangerous in a couple years.
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    We have been saying they can be really dangerous for the last few years. I think next season will be the big one for the Brew Crew.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    IMO, Brewers can definitely field a potent lineup with the emergence of their young hitters, but pitchers like Ohka and Doug Davis will have to repeat their breakout seasons for the Brewers to contend.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    If Ohka and Davis can go along with Sheets and Capuano, they have a decent pitching staff as well. This team will be nuts in 06.