Thread: Waiver Talk

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Waiver Talk

August 18
    Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (scroll down) (registration required): "A source with access to major-league waiver lists told the Journal Sentinel that the Brewers got all but seven of their players through waivers in recent weeks. Those seven players, all of whom were pulled back, are: Russell Branyan, Clark, Doug Davis, Carlos Lee, Lyle Overbay, Ben Sheets and Matt Wise."

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/mlb/brewers/rumors.html

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Putting Sheets on waivers tells us everything we need to know about the Brewers' commitment to winning. [/sarcasm]

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I agree, no way you get rid of Sheets. he is the cornerstone of this franchise. The franchise player. i will lose respect for this could be dominant team if they drop Sheets. This team is probably less then a year away from being able to contend with teams like the Cards and the Cubs. Why get rid of sheets now?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I was under the impression that teams put just about everyone through waivers just to see who gets through. Like it's just a process and the team has complete control over it. If someone gets claimed, they can pull the player back or let him go. If not, then they have the option to trade him. That doesn't necessarily mean that they want to trade him though.