Thread: Brewers ink Alex Gonzalez

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Brewers Brewers ink Alex Gonzalez

Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the Brewers have signed shortstop Alex Gonzalez to a one-year contract with a vesting option for 2013.
    Full terms of the contract aren't yet known. Gonzalez, 34, batted .241/.270/.372 with 15 home runs and 56 RBI over 593 plate appearances this past season for the Braves. While he's a much better fielder than Yuniesky Betancourt, they are pretty much a wash offensively. With Milwaukee officially off the board, Jimmy Rollins looks even more likely to return to Philadelphia, though there's an outside chance St. Louis could emerge as an interesting alternative.
    Looks like the Brewers chose defense here which should help them out in 2012. Brewers were smart not to give a SS more than one year guaranteed could feature Erik Aybar, Stephen Drew and Jhonny Peralta.

AAA ERA

Re: Brewers ink Alex Gonzalez

I'm on the fence here cuz I really wanted to keep Jerry Harriston...Age plays a big role to but we'll see.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hairston is older than Gonzalez FYI

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Even though he was only streaky at best as a hitter, I appreciated him while in Atlanta. He was good in the clubhouse, was never a distraction or disruption, and was usually solid with the glove. I know Yunel Escobar is the better hitter and so much younger, but I still didn't care, sometimes chemistry has to take the lead.

I just hope Atlanta can at least sign a good fielder at the position. But it appears Ronny Cedeno is on the radar. Fuck. This must be pay back for saying LA will sign him. >_>
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.