Thread: It's Absurd I Tell Ya!

AAA ERA

Attention! It's Absurd I Tell Ya!

“Absurd” is the word for Brewers’ gaudy home record

The Milwaukee Brewers have been so good at home this season, even they have had trouble wrapping their minds around that success.
    With a 3-1 victory Wednesday over the Dodgers, the Brewers boosted their record to 47-15 (.758) at Miller Park, the best home record in the major leagues. They have won 18 of 20 at home, including their last seven in a row.

"That's amazing," said manager Ron Roenicke. "Thirty-one games over .500 (before Wednesday's game). That's ridiculous."

The Brewers have fared so well at home that they merely need to go 8-11 over their final 19 games at Miller Park to eclipse the team record of 54 home victories, set in 1978.

After home victories, the Brewers usually allow the young sons of the players to enter the clubhouse and play with each other. After losses, that practice usually doesn't take place.

"The kids have been in the clubhouse a lot," said right fielder Corey Hart(notes). "My son told me the other day, 'You guys must be doing good because I'm in here a lot.' "
    "It is absurd," Hart said of the team's .758 winning percentage at home. "You can't really explain it. All you can do is try to have fun and ride it as along as you can.

"But we do come here every day expecting to win. We know we play good here. There's so many ways we've won here."

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: It's Absurd I Tell Ya!

Brewers won't be getting home field advantage if they face the Phillies in the playoffs so things need to change.

MLB ERA

assuming they're unstoppable at home they need only steal one road game if they don't have HFA.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Which will be a hard feat

MLB ERA

Winning 1 of 4? They have a .419 winning percentage on the road and we're only asking for a .250 here.

Not saying it's going to be easy, of course, but if their home games are all but a lock they have much much higher odds than your average team going up against Philly without HFA.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AAA ERA

They have improved greatly on the road as of late so I hope you're right