Thread: Hart, Weeks, Fielder all optioned to minors

Hart, Weeks, Fielder all optioned to minors

MLB.com: 3 spects optioned to minors after good spring

TEMPE, Ariz. -- The average age of the Brewers' spring roster bumped higher on Monday when three of the organization's brightest prospects were sent out for more grooming.

The team optioned outfielder Corey Hart and second baseman Rickie Weeks to Triple-A Nashville and returned first baseman Prince Fielder to minor league camp. All three will begin the season in Nashville, which will boast six or seven of the organization's top 10 prospects as rated by Baseball America.

"They opened my eyes, offensively, to the fact that they were capable of being big league players, and they opened eyes, defensively, and showed us that they weren't ready to be big league players," Brewers manager Ned Yost said.
    I expect all three players to be the future of the Brewers. They are all very talented future stars.

Rookie ERA
    I tell you what, if they make it to the bigs by the end of the season and have any bit of success, the Brew Crew may have to do some serious spending in the offseason to get some pitching for 2006. I mean, shoot, that'd be quite a group of youngsters.