Thread: Brewers trying to sign Sheets to an extension

Brewers trying to sign Sheets to an extension

MLB.com: Brewers trying to get Sheets locked up

PHOENIX -- The Brewers are already exploring insurance policies on a contract extension for ace Ben Sheets that would run through 2008, the team's owner said Tuesday.

Mark Attanasio met with Sheets' agent, Casey Close, at a Scottsdale, Ariz., hotel on Monday morning. Attanasio said he will leave the negotiating to general manager Doug Melvin and Gord Ash, who also attended. But he wanted to meet with Close to "discuss my vision for the team, what I'm trying to accomplish over the next three to five years."

Attanasio said he is exploring insurance policies for Sheets' extension, which would add three years beyond his existing 2005 contract. Usually, insurance is explored only after a player has signed.

Glad to see Brewers locking up arguably one of their best players on that team.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GoYankees
    Glad to see Brewers locking up arguably one of their best players on that team.
    He is without a doubt, the BEST player on the Brewers. He is arguably one of the best pitchers in the league.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Sheets is the future. And to be honest, I am pretty surprised the Brew Crew are doing this. Even though I am a fan of another team in the division, the news is good news for Brewers fans. With the young talent the Brewers have they could be competitive real soon, and Sheets is the most essential piece to their potential future success.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW
    He is without a doubt, the BEST player on the Brewers. He is arguably one of the best pitchers in the league.
    First off, welcome to the board. Even though I'm about 20 days late.

I have toa gree with you that Sheets has been very impressive and is no doubt one of the best pitchers in MLB.