Thread: Brewers, Hoffman Have Interest

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Brewers Brewers, Hoffman Have Interest

Brewers GM Doug Melvin told FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal that he has interest in signing free agent closer Trevor Hoffman.
    Melvin believes the interest is mutual. The Dodgers have also been in talks with Hoffman, but if the all-time saves leader wants to close games in '09, Milwaukee is the better fit.
    The Brewers have to do something now that Torres is retired. They need a closer and Hoffman should come cheap enough for the Brewers. I think it would be a good fit since Hoffman is used to staying out of the spotlight and going to Milwaukee would do just that.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Brewers, Hoffman Have Interest

The Brewers "appear to be making a strong push to lure" free agent Trevor Hoffman, according to SI.com's Jon Heyman.
    Heyman writes that Milwaukee is "making the stronger move in what appears to be a two-team battle for Hoffman." That could mean that they matched or beat the Dodgers' one-year offer that is believed to be around $4.5 million. Hoffman would have a better chance of closing with the Brewers, but the family man and California native may prefer to stay on the West Coast.
    It will be hard to lure Hoffman away from the Dodgers and the West Coast but enough incentives could change his mind.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the Brewers have agreed to terms with free agent closer Trevor Hoffman.
    The exact terms are not yet available, but we'll update as information streams in. Hoffman, the all-time saves leader, will immediately fill the closer's role in Milwaukee. The Brewers beat out the Dodgers for his services and have probably settled on a one-year pact around $6 million with an option for 2010. Quoting the Journal Sentinel, it's "time for the folks at Miller Park to dust off a copy of 'Hells Bells.'"
    WOW! I am shocked Hoffman chose the Brewers over the Dodgers. Good job for the Brewers to get a legit closer and a future HOFer. Now they have to get some starting pitching!

YEAH BABY YEAH! lol im sooooooooo happy! I first saw the news in ICT (computer stuff) and i didnt want to do the work so i went on brewers.com , i saw the news, and shouted WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO! And got sent out
    TBSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2010-present
    Former TSSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2019-2020 163-161 .501
    Former TSSL manager of the Toronto Blue Jays 2018-2019 record- 118-206 % .364
    Former CSSL manager of the San Fransisco giants 42-40 % .512

overall record 323-407 pct: .442

www.youtube.com/packersrock58
    christopher_stone_1@msn.com