Thread: Arbitration Time

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Brewers Arbitration Time

The Brewers are offering arbitration to Ben Sheets, CC Sabathia and Brian Shouse, but not to Eric Gagne, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.
    Sabathia and Gagne were the easy calls. It's something of a risk offering it to Sheets, as he could get somewhere around $12 million-$15 million if he accepts. Still, the Brewers can afford it, assuming that Sabathia rejects their offer (if they somehow kept both Sabathia and Sheets, Mike Cameron would probably have to go). Sheets will bring back two draft picks if he departs, while Shouse, a Type B free agent, will net one.
    I don't see how it is a risk to offer to Sheets because it doesn;t look like many teams are willing to give him a true multi-year deal. Brewers need an ace and Sheets could be that guy again if only for one more year. I also think Cameron will be in a different uniform come Spring Training.

AAA ERA

Re: Arbitration Time

Sheets is so injury prone...I don't think he really wants to be here anyway...They think he'll decline it anyway. I'm still waiting for Gagne to be gone..

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Gagne is gone.

AAA ERA

You're a God