Thread: Sheets or CC or none!

Free Agent Sheets or CC or none!

ok the brwers have got some thinking to do as far as the ace pitcher spot goes, r we gonna resign Sheets (who is probobly going to be the most cheap) or resign sabathia. The problem is with CC, is do we have enough money...maybe we would if we didnt go wasting 10 million on GAGne. But if we could resign CC then that would be great as we have seen how effective he has been with us this year, and he can also go deep into ballgames meaning we dont have to rely on our bullpen. I think we can afford Ben Sheets, but the question is, do we want to buy him. He is supposed to be an ace pitcher and has never won more then 13 games in a season, even though he has ace stuff, he would injure his shoulder if a fly landed on it! so...I want them to resign CC but im not sure if we can afford him.
    TBSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2010-present
    Former TSSL manager of the Washington Nationals 2019-2020 163-161 .501
    Former TSSL manager of the Toronto Blue Jays 2018-2019 record- 118-206 % .364
    Former CSSL manager of the San Fransisco giants 42-40 % .512

overall record 323-407 pct: .442

www.youtube.com/packersrock58
    christopher_stone_1@msn.com

MLB ERA

Re: Sheets or CC or none!

Brewers should let Sheets go and resign CC.

What will happen?

CC to the Yanks

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrewrock View Post
    The problem is with CC, is do we have enough money...maybe we would if we didnt go wasting 10 million on GAGne.
    He's a free agent after this year, so assuming the Brewers keep the same payroll in 09, they can use that money elsewhere.

MLB ERA

In order to sign Sabathia, the Brewers will need to write a blank check. The way Sabathia has pitched this year has caught the attention of everyone in MLB. You can bet that every team with money to spend is salivating over the thought of being able to sign Sabathia, and will give him anything he wants. He was a monster this year, and I think that Sabathia and Sheets will drive the Brew Crew to a World Series championship. Although, I also think that Sabathia has been abused this year by the Brewers. He won't be able to pitch complete games almost everytime he starts for the rest of his career. That just doesn't happen anymore. Be happy for what Sabathia gave you this year... that was why the Brewers traded for him. I just don't see any way that he would return to Milwaukee.

The Brewers should be able to afford Sheets, but he will get a huge contract. The question here is do you want him back? He has always been an injury concern, and hasn't ever really lived up to his potential. Although, he will probably get a long term deal with a ton of cash.

It would be hard to see either of these pitchers leave, not to mention both of them. Pitching is hard to come by, and cost a lot. If the Brewers can afford Sabathia, then go for it, I just don't see it happening. Whoever gambles on Sheets will probably hold a losing hand in the end.

AAA ERA

The Brewers should be able to afford Sheets, but he will get a huge contract. The question here is do you want him back? He has always been an injury concern, and hasn't ever really lived up to his potential. Although, he will probably get a long term deal with a ton of cash.
    This would be a waste of money IMO...For the last 3 years he's had injury and now he's got injury when he can't afford to have it. He doesn't wanna be here anyway so just let him go. As for CC I would love to have him for another year or 2, but it would bleed us big time unless we do magic in the post-season...It's gonna be an interesting off season...

As for Gagne, who the hell cares...

MLB ERA

I didn't know that Sheets didn't like Milwaukee. I agree then, there is no reason to keep him. Not that there was much of a reason even if he did love it in Milwaukee.

I don't think keeping CC for 1 or 2 years is even a possibility. He will demand and receive a multi year deal from somebody.... 4, 5, heck maybe even 7 years. I don't think the Brewers would have had much of a chance at making the playoffs without Sabathia. No matter what happens, they should thank him for what he did this year and consider it worth what they gave up. I don't think anyone really thought CC would resign with the Brewers even when the trade was made. The trade was made so the Brewers would make the playoffs and possibly win the World Series. Being in a playoff chase is worth gold. Of course, it hurts if you don't make it all the way, but it's still an amazing feeling every single time.

AAA ERA

Yes I love this feeling, but it hurts just as much if not worse when we lose...Especially when we got the chance to win in the last inning...CC will get his money's worth tonight. I really believe he'll do it. Don't know about going all 9 but it would be fantastic.

As for Sheets he now has a torn muscle in his elbow...Forget it. We'll have Gallardo, Parra, and Capuano to use and the big maybe of CC..anything can happen.

capuano is also a walking injury, but he once did win 18 games in a season, better then sheets career high 13

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313 View Post
    Brewers should let Sheets go and resign CC.

What will happen?

CC to the Yanks
    Exactly.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Blonde View Post
    CC will get his money's worth tonight. I really believe he'll do it. Don't know about going all 9 but it would be fantastic.
    If CC can't do it tonight, then the Brewers will be doomed. After the way CC pitched this year, it would be shocking if the Brewers lose with him on the mound. Pay him anything he wants, and hope it's enough.

AAA ERA

Well so much for that but it was expected...He's not magic man...Can't do it 4 times in a row.

AAA ERA

Just so you know, the Brewers said a long time ago they were going to let both Sheets and Sabathia walk.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

AAA ERA

Yeah it's not like they don't have the backup...Just won't be as good as CC

but if we lose sheets and CCm we HAVE to find a replacement in the offseason

AAA ERA

Our rotation would most likely be

Gallardo
    Capuano
    Suppan
    Bush
    Parra