Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Gywnn, Jr.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Tony Gywnn, Jr.

GAME ONE-STARTS IN CF

He has both Brewers' hits today and an awesome catch with 2 outs to save a run. Can you say centerfielder for the Brewers!!!

Re: Tony Gywnn, Jr.

yes we can!! the guy has done a great job 2day.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Tony Gywnn, Jr.

nice sacrifice!!!! I like the way the Brewers are trying to manufactor a run here today. That is what is takes to win consistently, especially when the thumpers are not having a day.

AAA ERA

Absolutely love that kid! Woohoo can't wait to see more.

MLB ERA

Center Fielder for the Brewers, I did it.
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Good game from him today! Scary ending but Brewers prevail.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Yes, I will cheer for any kind of win the Brewers can get these days. But Sheets and Zambrano both dominated as well did Marmol. Get pitchers duel to start the 2008 campaign. Sheets and Zambrano pitching against each other pitch for pitch. I applaud both starters today.

I xstill second guesse yosts desicion to take sheets out after 6 1/3 ibnnings giving up only 2 hits!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I can live with that call Yost made. First game, crappy weather, 2 rather long rain delays, long season and we need him, and his pitch count was starting to get up there. Those all factored into that decision. I was just frustrated he waited until the Brewers scored a run before getting Gagne up. He still has NOT learned that the closer can pitch in a tie game and keep it that way until his offense gets another shot to score. Plus, in the 9th inning, the Brewers had the top of the order due up. You have to assume that they could manufactor at least one run. SO, get him throwing as the 8th ended. Then he may have been loosened up more and ready to go. And if the Brewers dont score then at worst Gagne comes in the ballgame with the score 0-0. That is what I meant in the earlier statement about using your closer in a tie game. Hell, Pinella did the exact same thing in the top of the 9th. As we was yesterday, it backfires sometimes also. But IMO, Yost was out managed again and that is why the Brewers didnt win the division last year. He gets out managed and he does NOT have the knack, feel, commom sense to know when a pitch has hit his limit or when to get a guy going in the bullpen.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Tony Gywnn, Jr. just can't buy a break. He strained his hamstring and is listed as day-to-day right now, but probably a good chance he will end up on the 15-day DL.

I really want Gywnn, Jr. to play CF for the Brewers.

Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    Tony Gywnn, Jr. just can't buy a break. He strained his hamstring and is listed as day-to-day right now, but probably a good chance he will end up on the 15-day DL.

I really want Gywnn, Jr. to play CF for the Brewers.
    me two man, but if the guy gets injured then he gets injured, cant do anything about that...is he playing today?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Gywnn, Jr. is NOT playing today. Yost favorite player Gabe Gross is in CF today.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Ned Yost said on Saturday that Tony Gywnn, Jr.'s sore hamstring is probably not severe enough to land him on the 15-day DL. That is good news.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Gywnn is due to come off the DL tomorrow. The Brewers will probably send him to AAA-Nashville to rehab. Get some AB's before being recalled back to the Brewers.

Gywnn just can't catch a break.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Gywnn seems to be getting healthy. He was 1-2 (2BB, 1RBI, 1SB). Hope they recall him soon and send Gross down. He is more valuable than Gross. Just my opinion.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast