Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brewers To Promote Pitcher

AAA ERA

Re: Brewers To Promote Pitcher

Sure wasn't smart today...Spurling is not the guy to use in a nailbiting situation...2nd time he's cost us a game..

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Brewers To Promote Pitcher

didn't have any other option. Today, Yost decides to use Coco in the 9th in a tie game. Which is the correct move, just was shocked as h*** to see Yost do that. Man, I hate it when I am right!!! hahahaha.

Thanks Joe Torre!! You at least do that more than other managers, and I like it.

AAA ERA

I'm sure it was the correct move, I just don't like it. I probably would have put Wise after Shouse or Turnbow, especially if it's the 9th then let him battle. Come the 10th we hopefully wouldn't even need Coco...If that makes much sense LoL

Turn 2

He sure is proving his worth in the short period he has been with the team so far.

1-0, 2.70 ERA, 13.1 IP, 12 K's and 5 BB's a great start if you ask me.

AAA ERA

Too bad it will be short lived though. Cappuano is coming back.

Brewers | Gallardo could be moved to the bullpen
    Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:57:14 -0700
    Adam McCalvy, of Milwaukee.Brewers.MLB.com, reports Milwaukee Brewers SP Yovani Gallardo could be moved to the bullpen when Brewers SP Chris Capuano (groin) returns from the disabled list. Brewers manager Ned Yost said, "I think if we had our druthers, we would rather have [Gallardo] be a starter. But there is some conventional wisdom behind the fact that if we go ahead and keep Gallardo up here and use him as a long [reliever], limit his innings through July and August, if anything happens, we've got a quality starter ready to step in that's in great shape. His innings won't be way up, and he'll be strong and ready to pitch until the very end."

Turn 2

I don't think that is a very good idea for the Brewers. They are in the thick of a pennant race that they have not been in for many of year. They need to place the 5 best starters out there in rotation. And Gallardo , although he has only pitched for a short time has shown he can easily be one of those guys. IMO the guy that needs to be moved to long relieve is dave Bush he has been mostly inaffective this season as a starter with a 5-6 ERA and 5.16 ERA.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBomberz View Post
    Brewers | Gallardo could be moved to the bullpen
    Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:57:14 -0700
    Adam McCalvy, of Milwaukee.Brewers.MLB.com, reports Milwaukee Brewers SP Yovani Gallardo could be moved to the bullpen when Brewers SP Chris Capuano (groin) returns from the disabled list. Brewers manager Ned Yost said, "I think if we had our druthers, we would rather have [Gallardo] be a starter. But there is some conventional wisdom behind the fact that if we go ahead and keep Gallardo up here and use him as a long [reliever], limit his innings through July and August, if anything happens, we've got a quality starter ready to step in that's in great shape. His innings won't be way up, and he'll be strong and ready to pitch until the very end."
    I just read this in the sports page. I like this idea...Gallardo is great as a starter, but we do need a strong middle reliever and I think he'd be the one to use. Spurling has proved not to be the one in 2 situations. It's time for something new. I'm just glad he's sticking around. Bravo Brewers and Ned Yost.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Brewers To Promote Pitcher

I like this idea. Hope they can get him some quality innings, if not, send him down.

BTW, He got the shaft again yesterday. all 3 starts have been of quality, and 2 ND's. Thanks Bullpen! hahahahaha....

AAA ERA

They pull themselves together the next day but it's a bummer for him...Maybe this is a great thing to keep Dessens on the DL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12