Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blondie's Players of the Week!

AAA ERA

Blondie's Players of the Week!

I think this will be fun LoL

For today my players of the game are pretty much the whole team! Realistically though they would have to be J.J. Hardy, Geoff Jenkins, Ben Sheets, and Bill Hall and Estrada.

There is a reason I say the whole team...

Estrada - Wonderful hitting by him today, definately an ace for a catcher.
    Ben Sheets - Too obvious...9 innings, no walks 2 hits...
    Fielder - Not too bad of a day, hopefully he cuts back on the strikeouts this year.
    Hardy - Hit pretty much every chance he got. Was great to see
    Counsell - Granted he went 0-3 but he did bring in a run on a sac fly...
    Jenkins - Was great today. Was nice to see him hit. He's another one that I hope lowers the strikeouts...
    Hall - Awesome catch today in the outfield, almost caught the home run away and hit a homer himself!
    Hart - Played good all day.

All in all Blondie is very proud of the team!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I second the voting! If that makes sense.

AAA ERA
    YaY! I'll take all the votes I can get.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I will vote daily if you want!

AAA ERA
    It's up to you!

For yesterday's game I would have to say that Prince Fielder, Estrada, Kevin Mench, and Cordero got my vote. Cappy didn't do as good as I thought he would have...

Another nod goes to the bullpen...Turnbow came out and did a great job in the 8th inning. I like that rotation they used last night. Hopefully they keep it that way.

MLB ERA
    Great to see Mench coming through in a big spot. Although he was still only 1 for 4. I know it's only 2 games into the season but the Brewers are looking really good out of the gate.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I agree with you Molina. The Brewers have looked good coming out of the gate. I am excited about the year and staying catious. If you remember the Brewers started 5-0 last year too. So lets just take it in stride. I am just looking for consistency and health, and I strongly believe that good things will come.

I feel that Mench was player of the game last night. It was good to see him have some success. I have been hard on him because of him stating his displeasures of the platoon situation he and Jenkins are sharing this year to the public.

AAA ERA
    The season just started, but I'm sure they'll work themselves through it. Teamwork is what it's all about. As long as they both capitalize for the team nobody should go away empty handed...

Players of the game last night:
    Estrada, J.J. Hardy, Bill Hall, Craig Counsell, Jenkins, and Turnbow.

Estrada was on the bases the whole series, it was great to see from a catcher. J.J faught back with a homer at the end, was a good nail-biter of a game even though we came up short. Counsell got robbed of one hit but made a WONDERFUL double play in that game!! Jenks, hit great, Bill Hall also hit great and Turnbow, wonderful pitching from him! If he doesn't get "hot headed" with his pitches he'll have a great year! Great first series from the guys taking 2 out of 3!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Suppan also had one of his tyoically games. Pitched well enough to win, giving 6 innings and only gave up 2 ER's

AAA ERA

Re: Blondie's Players of the Week!

It was his first time out so it's to be expected. Nerves can get a person. Tonight is Dave Bush! Woohoo!

AAA ERA

Well this game was nothing that I expected. Dave Bush was not Dave Bush, if he was he was a different Dave Bush...Chicago had the pitching from Hill tonight that's for sure.

My players of the game anyway are: Carlos Villinova - pitched pretty decent, Corey Hart - Got a homer, Kevin Mench - brought in some runs, and I'll give shout to Hall and Fielder since they did get on base. Brewers faught back some, hopefully it carries into tomorrow night and we take 2-3 again!

AAA ERA

Looks like Chicago is out for some blood this year. They have wonderful pitching and it got the best of us again today. Much better game from yesterday though.

Players of the game: Ben Sheets pitched good, 6 innings 5 K's? and 0 walks...Love that number more and more...Other players include, Jenks - Any homer is good news! J.J. Hardy, great double play!

Come on guys let's take tomorrow and head out on the road with a win!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Blondie's Players of the Week!

Hello Brewer fans. I was out of town this weekend. I am very disappointed in loosing a home series to, especially the Cubs. Anyways, After I thought about it today, kinda hope we got swept at home just like the Cards did the first weekend to the Cubs lastr year. And we all know what they went on to do last year, uuummm, won the World Series, just in case you all forgot. So, I got to thinking maybe it would be an good thing? Just kiddin, all of you, I never want to loose a game, especially to the Cubs!! Get them next time. Time to go on the road and my goal is for the Brewers to come home with a .500 record! .500 on the road and win series at home. Yikes, my goals are already not being met. It is early, that is what I keep telling myself!

AAA ERA

Hang in there buddy! We got the Cubbies yesterday. Cappy sort of fell apart but still retired his first 11 batters. Jenkins and Gross hit back to back homers, Turnbow had another steller outing along with Cordero! The main winner is CRAIG COUNSELL!! Hit a bases clearing triple! Woohoo! Lead the Brewers to a 9-4 victory!!

Next up the Marlins, let's continue this on the road!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Blondie's Players of the Week!

I am hanging in there. Just impatient that is all. I just anxious for a good season and I want it now!!!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast