Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your opinion on....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers What is your opinion on....

what outfielders the Brewers should keep and play? Here are mine!!!!!

Starters:

LF Jenkins
    CF Hall (cause that is what the Brewers and/or Hall have decide, still like the idea of him at 3B, but another days conversation.)
    RF Hart

Reserves:

Mench
    Gross

Throw-in Possibility:

Clark

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I like Mench, I would try to find a starting spot for him...but before I decided I would try as hard as I can to deal one of the OFs for pitching help, because they have a good amount of them hanging around.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19 View Post
    what outfielders the Brewers should keep and play? Here are mine!!!!!

Starters:

LF Jenkins
    CF Hall (cause that is what the Brewers and/or Hall have decide, still like the idea of him at 3B, but another days conversation.)
    RF Hart

Reserves:

Mench
    Gross

Throw-in Possibility:

Clark

I've always been a Clark fan, but I like your line-up here. I might have Gross on the throw-in though only because Brady's made great catches in the outfield and Gross has missed a couple. Either way the outfield looks great for the year.

MLB ERA
    I would try to fit Mench in somewhere. Obviously I am a bit biased, but despite how he tends to struggle you can't ignore his potential. He does have a couple of 20 homer season under his belt, doesn't strike out a lot, and hits for a decent average when he is consistant. I don't really know much about Hart so I can't really comment on him. Jenkins and Hart are obvious starters though.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Hey Molina, you meant Hall and Jenkins as starters right? I like Mench coming off the bench to give Jenkins and Hart a breather. And he can then provide some punch off the bench.

As for Cabio Girl, Clark is done in Milwaukee. I just get the feeling he is the odd man out and Gross will get better, but he may be our #5 or #6 option off the bench, ,may even start the year in the minors, who knows!

thanks for the thoughts though!!

AAA ERA
    Doesn't really matter to me really. Every player that played Center field that I liked got traded everytime. I liked Keith Ginter to and look where he went!

MLB ERA
    Hey Molina, you meant Hall and Jenkins as starters right? I like Mench coming off the bench to give Jenkins and Hart a breather. And he can then provide some punch off the bench.

As for Cabio Girl, Clark is done in Milwaukee. I just get the feeling he is the odd man out and Gross will get better, but he may be our #5 or #6 option off the bench, ,may even start the year in the minors, who knows!

thanks for the thoughts though!!
    Yeah, I meant Hall as a starter. Just had Hart in my brain since I had just typed his name already.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

MLB ERA
    You could go by RF by commitie possibly durring the ST? And if that doesn't workout by July, then IF the Brewers are still in the hunt for a possible playoff run, they could possibly try to trade for someone?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well I think the Brewers will listen to any and all trade offers that come their way. I think that is what they are hoping for, Jenkins and/or Mench to get off to a hot start to add even more value to their trading aspirations. I agree with you that one Giantsfan!!!!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Trade Mench's monstrous head so you can clear space in the clubhouse.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I still hear all of these wonderful comments on what a talented player Mench is, but why is that he is not an everyday player yet. He has had chances to prove to the Rangers and Brewers, but hasn't completed overwhelmed these teams as of yet. I would love to see him get an opportunity, but he is going to have to prove to the Brewers that he deserves to be the everyday LFer in ST! Both him and Jenkins. Competition is the best medicine for this situation.

AAA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by browntown653 View Post
    Trade Mench's monstrous head so you can clear space in the clubhouse.
    I kinda like Mench but when I read this at first it was funny LoL...

brewersfan19I still hear all of these wonderful comments on what a talented player Mench is, but why is that he is not an everyday player yet. He has had chances to prove to the Rangers and Brewers, but hasn't completed overwhelmed these teams as of yet. I would love to see him get an opportunity, but he is going to have to prove to the Brewers that he deserves to be the everyday LFer in ST! Both him and Jenkins. Competition is the best medicine for this situation.
    And Amen to that but I think Jenkins will come out on top on this one...

MLB ERA
    I still hear all of these wonderful comments on what a talented player Mench is, but why is that he is not an everyday player yet. He has had chances to prove to the Rangers and Brewers, but hasn't completed overwhelmed these teams as of yet. I would love to see him get an opportunity, but he is going to have to prove to the Brewers that he deserves to be the everyday LFer in ST! Both him and Jenkins. Competition is the best medicine for this situation.
    Mench was having a very solid season for Texas last year (and a couple of very solid seasons before that), but the Rangers had a shot at the playoffs at the deadline so trading him for C.Lee made sense. His main problem is that he is such a streaky hitter. He gets really hot and tears the cover off the ball, then goes almost ice cold. The only reason I see that he hasn't become the star power threat many people thought he could is that he is so inconsistant. Until he can prove he can be consistant, which I hope he can, it's going to be hard for him to hold down a solid starting position long term.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Jenkins is the same way as Mench, but he is left handed.. When hot, no one is hotter, when artic, he is way past frigid!!!

AAA ERA
    Yep hot damn for us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast