Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe the Brewers have found their 3B solution?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Maybe the Brewers have found their 3B solution?

Ryan Braun started the spring off with a bang today!!! Opening Day of the Spring, and 4-5 with a salami!!!! In a 14-8 comeback win over the A's!!! I know it is only pre-season, but it is signs of things to come!!!! and with Graffinino and Counsell their to give him a day or two off, who knows. I say he may be a year away still, but the BrewCrew may just stick him in their and get his feet wet like they did with Weeks and Fielder. Sometimes that is the best way!!!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think he's probably a couple months away, but if he continues to hit the rest of the spring, there's no reason not to give him the job. Graff and Counsell probably aren't great options as every day players at a corner infield spot, and would probably come up short of Braun's production anyway.

I'll put his over/under at .260, 20 HR, 70 RBI with a better batting average in the second half.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well, that is what I was trying to get at with my non-sense. As of today, I don't think the Brewers have any other option. I agree Graff and Counsell are NOT the answer to 3B everyday. They can give him a day or two to give Braun a rest , especially if he is slumping!!! I was just saying it would have been nice to get 1 more year out of Koskie or someone with experience, cause of the youth in the everyday lineup!!! But like you said Wilton, if he keeps proving himself, he may just play himself into the starter and give the Brewers a hitter at the bottom of the lineup!!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Agreed, and dually noted. The only reason to go with Graff or Counsell would be that Braun struggled either offensively or defensively and I just can't see that happening.

As for Koskie, I'll agree there too, it'd be nice to have him out there for at least a couple months and it's pretty unfortunate that he probably won't be able to come back at all.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

It is sad when any athlete(person) has to quit(retire) from their profession becuse of health reasons. I wish Koskie well whether or not he returns to the Brewers or baseball. I wasn't a huge fan of his when he was with the Twins or the Jays, but when a player comes to your team, sometimes they frow on you.

AAA ERA
    Just by watching Counsell last year with Arizona I don't really trust him on any base. As for Koskie, it will be a shame for him to leave the Brew Crew. He brought some great power to the team, hopefully the Brewers hang with him as long as they can.

Wonderful win to start off the "pre" season right

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Yes, it is a nice start to the spring, but , spring is just my warmup to the real thing. I dont get too excited about the wins and losses til it is the real deal!!!

AAA ERA
    Yeah I know what you mean because 14 runs seems too easy

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

yeah. I think someone is trying to mess with my mind.. Keep up the good work with your Brewer updates and messing with my mind..

AAA ERA
    Oh I will do my best, no doubt about it.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

cool. it is a tough job, but someone has to keep me on my toes. thanks for paying attention!!!

AAA ERA
    I don't like to all the time though But for you I think I can make an exception! They interviewed Bill Hall yesterday after the Cubs game in AZ and he said something along the lines of. "They beat us with their bats today, but I truely believe we got them beat in our lineup and rotation" All because the Cubby's got all that money ya know...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Thanks for making an exception for me!!! And on the Brewers, they do have a better team on paper at least. But health and actually playing all the games will determine who will be better. The Cubs always seem to find a way to blow it also. This year with Zambrano guaranteeing them as W.S, champs, that will be their excuse for this year!!!

AAA ERA
    You're very welcome! Hopefully we don't blow it at all and the Cubs can just do whatever they fansy LoL...Can't count on just one person though haha

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

No you can not count on just one player, and that is why they are called a team.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast