Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-Season Brewer's Updates

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Off-Season Brewer's Updates

Well now that another season has come and gone. I would like help from the forum to keep me and other Brewer and baseball fans abreast of all Brewer trade or free agent rumors/talks whatever they hear and where they heard teh information. I will also be doing that as I hear information about the Brewers and other teams as well. I really enjoy listening and discussing options for not only the Brewers but all teams as well during the off-season. Let the talking and bidding begin..

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

ummm.. the one move already this year, Balfour from Reds... Umm, as a pitcher, is that an appropriate last name?

MLB ERA
    Grant Balfour is a couple of seasons removed from elbow surgery. He has a good fastball, a slider and a decent change-up. He was with the Twins for most of his professional career and I've seen him pitch a couple of times. When he's good, he's very good. When he's bad, I could hit his stuff.
    Seriously, he's a good addition to the Brewers' bullpen.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    From a Reds perspective, we have not seen Balfour pitch really. Like catman stated, he has been on the dl for two years. The Reds payed for his non-services last year and got nothing from him. A good look at it would be that Krivsky saw something good in him and had high hopes for him and he has shown a nice eye for talent this year. Good luck with him guys!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Damian Miller re-upped today. Player option for $2,250,000. Incentives could make it an even $3 million.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Hey, thanks for the information. I have been out of the loop the past couple days!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Brewers claimed Closser off waivers from Rockies. He was added to 40 man roster. They only have 38 players out of 40 listed. hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm... what could Melvin have up his sleeve.

MLB ERA
    Many teams hold spots on their 40 man roster open during the winter. They often go into spring training with flexiblilty to make a couple of 2 for 1 trades adding both players to their roster.
    Not an uncommon occurance.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

thanks for the info. catman. I did actually know that. I was excited because, I was hoping for some more impact players to be signed for next year!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    So what do you think about the addition of Closser? I think he is decent and has not come close to meeting his talent yet. I got to see him play with the Rockies a few times and he was not impressive. But thats just a small sample size. I think he is good for a backup type role though for now.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Well, I am ok with it. I just hope he shows some of his expectations. For now a back up role would be the best. Until another Mauer-type catcher is available I like Miller because of his experience and supposedly defensive ability and abilty to call a game.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Here comes a shocker! Bill Hall is named MVP of the Brewers in 2006!

Congrats!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Derrick Turnbow wuz robbed!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Here comes a shocker! Bill Hall is named MVP of the Brewers in 2006!

Congrats!
    When you think about where he was going into last season -- backing up at 3B, SS and 2B, he did OK.
    The Brewers have a dilema coming up this spring. If Ryan Braun is ready to contribute at the major league level, where does Hall play? Will they move Weeks to LF and play him at 2B?
    Nice problem to have, but still a problem, at least potentially.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Yes it is a nice problem. The Brewers are in need of pitching too. Maybe they will listen to offers for some of their talented young players. Who knows? Sometimes I think that is what happened to Yost last year. He couldn't figure out where to play everyone and he didnt stick with a certian lineup for too long either.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast