Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Off-Season Brewer's Updates

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Haven't heard much on the Brewer's front lately. Has anyone heard them mentioned with their favorite team's rumor mill?

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Brewers are pursuing Suppan. I would love it if they got him.. He has always pitched well in Miller Park. He is a good innings eater also. He usually a reliable, healthy starter. I like the fact that the Brewers are at least inquiring and trying to make their team better.

GO BREWERS!!!!

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Brewers are pursuing Suppan. I would love it if they got him.. He has always pitched well in Miller Park. He is a good innings eater also. He usually a reliable, healthy starter. I like the fact that the Brewers are at least inquiring and trying to make their team better.

GO BREWERS!!!!
    He's been very solid in Miller Park. In seven starts he is 5-0 with 1.76 ERA. This would be a very nice addition for you guys but also a very expensive one considering the way this years free agent market has been.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I agree. That is what makes me so nervous. Tis is where small market teams seem to be hesitant to sign big names as FAs. If things go badly or injuries occur, it is hard for themto recover, but I am just glad that they are actually asking and searching for bigger named players!!! That is what makes it exciting to the fans, FINALLY, an owner willing to be open to spending $$$. We will see!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Brewers still working on pursuing Suppan.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Sounds like Melvin maybe closing in on making Suppan an offer maybe as early as tomorrow. Fingers crossed, We will see!!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Crap... Now Suppan is talking with the Mets... Well, that must mean Zito must not want to play there.. If he did, why in the world would the Mets want to go after Suppan too.. Oh yeah, that is right, it is New York, they probably will get both of them....

AA ERA
    I believe the Mets are trying to keep Suppan as a back up plan incase they aren't willing to pay what Boras and Zito are going to demand.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I am sure that is what they are trying to do. I just hope the Brewers can land Suppan. At least for a couple of years.. They can always deal him in the future, like at trade deadlines if the Brewers aren't in the race.

AA ERA
    The Brewers have apparently made an offer to Suppan.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2705022

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

The Brewers have offered a 4-year deal to Suppan, but the Mets are in the process of wooing him right now. Suppan claims he is interested in pitching for the Brewers as much as the Brewers are intersted in him.. The big question is, Will the Mets offer him more money and the $$$$ signs get the best of Suppan? I sure hope not... Stay Tuned!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    The Brewers have offered a 4-year deal to Suppan, but the Mets are in the process of wooing him right now. Suppan claims he is interested in pitching for the Brewers as much as the Brewers are intersted in him.. The big question is, Will the Mets offer him more money and the $$$$ signs get the best of Suppan? I sure hope not... Stay Tuned!!
    If you get him, I think you'll be happier with him than most of the idiots that signed pitching for that much.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    God I hope so!!!! And I agree with you also!!!! At least he as a proven track record. I just like the fact that he is an innings eater also. He may look ugly at times but he battles and I admire that in players. Don't see it as often anymore, it is just too easy to get out and be done with it nowadays!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I still like the move. It was a nice early X-Mas present for me. Lets all remember Suppan is a quality pitcher that was stuck in K.C. for awhile, but struggle in Beantown. I think he will be a nice addition to a good rotation and a team that could be on the rise. Maybe this years Tigers? Fingers are crossed here and high hopes again for the Brewers at this end of the computer!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Suppan finalizes deal today. Yeah. Our rotation is rounding into shape. I like the rotation. Now lets shore up the bullpen and maybe add a power bat. Still can get rid of Mench and/or Jenkins. Still have too many role players that play multiple positions. That makes me nervous. Yost liked fiddling with his line-ups too much last year. No one had a chance to get and stay hot. Look at your playoff teams, for the most part they had an everyday lineup, unless someone needed a day off or injuried. IMO, that is what it takes to get to the playoffs. They make these salaries they should be playing!!!! No more seeing what we have for next year garbage. NEXT YEAR is HERE!!! Time for Yost and the Brewers to make the playoffs!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast