Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Off-Season Brewer's Updates

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Sad to see that Robin Yount will NOT be back next year. I really feel that Yount and Yost did NOT see eye-to-eye on their personal philosophy. They both had different opinions and in the long run, I feel that was the deciding factor for Yount not to return.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Orioles and Brewers have discussed swapping Rodrigo Lopez and Kevin Mench.
    If that got done, the Orioles would again be trading for someone who very possibly would become a free agent. Mench isn't as assured of being let go as Jaret Wright was, and it is possible that another team would trade for him before he'd be non-tendered. If the cost is merely Lopez, it wouldn't be a bad deal for the Orioles. Lopez would replace Tomo Ohka in the Brewers' rotation.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I like the the idea of that trade possibilty. I think Mench would benefit lots in Camden. And I feel that Lopez has potential to be a quality starter. I hope the Brewers pull that trade!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    In no way would Lopez replace Ohka.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I would have to disagree with you reefer. Lopez had a bad year last year, but Ohka just makes me too nervous when he is on the mound. There is just not enough room in a crowded outfield and if we can get some pitching for Mench, IMO that still has potential to be a quality pitcher, than I am all for it.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Does today's trade really help the Brewers? I say it will! Overall the Brewers got the better of the trade. Davis did a nice job for us, but IMO, he was teh most expendable of the starters in the rotation. Aquino will help the bullpen and keeping Rivera and Closser in the minors will be nice for us also!!! Miller is to the point that he will be a better than average backup, and keep him healthy hopefully!!! He does a nice job calling a game and being a good defensive backstop, hopeful he can help Estrada in that department and make him an all round catcher. Vargas is the only question mark in the trade IMO. We will see, Melvin has done wonders in the past with his trading ability. Overall, I trust his decisions and what is nice is that is trades many times lead into other trades down the road. I feel he always keeps that in the back of his mind when he is making trades down the road.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I just hope the Brewers keep doing any necessary tweaking of their roster to make them legitimate contenders and NOT pretenders. I like the starting pitching and the closer, but we still need an intimating bat in the lineup. A proven bat, even though our youngsters are gaining experience and improving quite nicely, still need a consistent proven bat to balance the lineup and help groom the younsters into quality players for years to come!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Dan O'Brein signed today as an special assistant to the GM/baseball operations. hmm.. my nerves are raising. And not necesarily for the good. I am hestitant with this signing.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I am being cautious with this rumor report... Now that Roberts is heavily considering the Giants. The Brewers are now looking at Lofton (so-so option), Finley (please don't do that to the fans, he is not an everyday player or a lead off option anymore), or possibly Gywnn, Jr. (another questionable, risky option). How about pursuing Podsednik. I bet he would and he is due to have a good year, if they are loking for that one-year option. Podsednik has a good year every two years. This is the good year, it is Saberhagen-like. Just an idea Brewer Fans and front office.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Read tonight that the Brewers may offer Graffanino arbitration still. We will see. To me, that makes way to over-crowded in infielders we still need pitching, pitching, pitching. Oh did I mention pitching! and maybe another power hitter or true leadoff hitter.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Brewers extend offer to Graffanino. I love the offer idea, but now we have two utility players, unless Graffanino plays third, which I am not in favor of. Sorry Tony. I love your game, but not as our everyday 3Bager!

Also saw that the Brewers were going to address the outfield situation at the winter meetings. Melvin also said he will be looking to get a mid-priced starter also. Sounds like a man on a mission. Still wish they would give Hall a chance at 3B this year!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Brewers met with Baltimore yesterday. They are discussing the Lopez for Mench trade again. Plus, Boston inquired about Turnbow. And the Mets asked about Sheets, and the Mets were DENIED!!!! And today, the Phillies-Brewers rumor was Lieber for Mench or Jenkins, and possibly Capallan or Turnbow. I say Lieber for Mench and Turnbow would be ok with me!! But Melvin said that the Phillies rumor was an internet rumor and Gillick said he had no interest in that particular trade.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Man that would be a nice trade for both teams. The Pirates need offense and Gonzalez looks to be a good one! Good Luck with that one!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    queit day today with the Brewers front office

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I read on another post about Penny considering the Reds or vise verse. I read that the Brewers name was also mentioned. Here is my take, CAUTION. Lets not give up too much for him, Like Mench and/or Clark would be ok. That is it. His injury problems and duralbilty late in the season are huge question marks for me!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast