Thread: Could this be the bginning of the end....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Could this be the bginning of the end....

Yost benches Jenkins... I love Jenkins as a player, but he is one of the streakest players in the game..... When he is hot with the bat, there isn't many players better, but when he stuggles, he isn't good.. It has been a long year for Jenkins, one he probably wished it would end sooner than later.... I have a strange hunch he may be on the market in the off season.... With the youth movement the BrewCrew are making, he could possibly be traded for another starter... Just a thought...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Yost benches Jenkins... I love Jenkins as a player, but he is one of the streakest players in the game..... When he is hot with the bat, there isn't many players better, but when he stuggles, he isn't good.. It has been a long year for Jenkins, one he probably wished it would end sooner than later.... I have a strange hunch he may be on the market in the off season.... With the youth movement the BrewCrew are making, he could possibly be traded for another starter... Just a thought...
    That sounds just like Kevin Mench, and now you have them both. lol
    That'll be too bad if he is out of Milwaukee after this season. Nine seasons with the same team is pretty impressive, and he has put up some good numbers over that time too.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

i like jenkins, but he may be good trade bait because of those good numbers.. maybe we could get more pitching help.

MLB ERA
    Its time for the team to think about the future, and at RF, it looks bright with Gwynn Jr.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I agree about looking to the future... I hope the Brewers try trading for pitching help for him..... Maybe package Ohka with too...

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The Brewers should trade Jenkins while he still has value. They have him signed for at least next season at a $7 million salary and the club holds a $9 million option with a $0.5 million buyout in 2008. You don't think the Brewers will hold on to him for $9 million, do you?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    There is no reason for Jenkins to be in RF but it might be hard to move him since he is not worth his contract.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

i agree.... i hope they are trying to trade him thru waivers tis year.. if they cant, i bet they really tryin the off season.... the Brewers have had a knack at making trades at the right time in the past few years and it seems to be working and the are getting some better than average quality back in return... I really feel they have a blueprint that has been put in place and they are sticking to it and being patient and i feel that the Brewers are on the cusp of being a team to contend with in the very near future... And I have a feeling they will be competitive for years to come once that winning tradition gets going and a cooperative owner always helps... With an ownership not willing to go out and spend foolishly, but willing to spend if there is a need to be filled and only with quality player(s).

On another note, I read today that Yost isnt ready to give up on Turnbow just yet. They are working with him and being patient as for now. I have a strange hunch between now and the start of '07, he is going to figure things out and be part of a DYNAMIC bullpen.... Yost went on to state that he isnt going to pitch Turnbow in any games that are close in late innings... So, basically he is politely saying mop-up duty for the rest of the year. I have a strange hunch he will get plenty of work the rest of the year, if you catch my drift... I like the fact also that Yost is getting some younster involved while the BrewCrew are technically still alive for the wildcard....... I feel that Yost and the palyers will only reap the benefits of this experience in the future.....