Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rest Sheets the rest of the year....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Rest Sheets the rest of the year....

Is it worth risking him getting hurt again this year....NOT. I know they can't do that with $$$$$$$$ they are paying him..... I still say it is time to sit Turnbow down... Or maybe Maddux can do his damn job and teach him another pitch.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Glad I don't always listen to myself....

Sheets looked awesome today.... LAsst Tues. night with the ND. I sure am glad I suggested that the Brewers rest him the rest of the season. Man, I REALLY need to quit posting dumb ideas after a Brewers loss..

Brewers are still hanging around enough this year just to stress me out.....

AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH.....

GO BREWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Those two losses were so tough for us Reds fans. Sheets looked like the stud you expected him to be as the Reds were clueless in how to solve him, I was amazed we did finally manage a couple of runs. Either the Reds were off, Sheets on or a bit of both. His stuff didn't look quite up to par (in terms of velocity), but I think having a start like that will be huge mentally for him and could allow him to get back into a groove like he was a couple seasons ago.

Good series Brewers.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Thanks...

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope that Sheets is back and dangerous.. Reds are hanging tough, I must admit, I thought they would have fallen back in the race like they have the past few seasons. I was disappointed to see Sheets loose the shutout though.

Then Turnbow made it even more interesting. Cordero came in again for the 3rd straight night since coming over, got the save. I think Turnbow has just lost some confidence. Or needs some rest or something..

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Turnbow's control is just funky at this point. I watched the last inning on TV and I know there was a pitch to either Encarnacion or Ross that was probably an inch or two from getting away from Rivera when Phillips was on 3rd. And I noticed a few pitches noticeably off from where the call for it was at. If it's not injury (and obviously he's throwing hard still), then something has to be with his mechanics. Picking up Cordero was a good move in case you do start getting back in the thick of things as you could turn to him instead if Turnbow hasn't found "it" yet again.

And Sheets was on edge during that 9th. You can tell he really wanted that well deserved win.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers I am...

frustrated with Turnbow, but like I have mentioned before, not ready to give up on him just yet... He is young, big, and strong. Maddux can and will probably help him get his head and/or mechanics back together.

As for Sheets, he and Yost probably agreed to start the 9th since he had the shutout going, but I just don't want anyone on the Brewers to take any chances with him getting hurt again

GO BREWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No doubt about that. Given your great young core of players, you need that anchor to complete it. Hopefully the Brewers will take it easy on Sheets. And as much as I would hate to admit it, I really digged seeing all those K's of Sheets again. He's always been a fantasy favorite of mine and I am glad to see him appearing to be healthy once again.

Harang was also working the strikeout pitch tonight like he often does, too bad (for us) that our manager left him in after he hit the 100 pitch mark. According to some, he looked out of gas then but Narron often seems to throw pitch counts to the wind sadly.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The psychological aspect of relievers is amazing. Turnbow went from one great story to a quadruple digit era. And that's not even touching how badly Brad Lidge has fallen.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Pitch Count..

Some say that is over rated.... I feel it is based on the individual pitcher and that pitcher being honest to himself and teammates and not allowing his ego to get the best of himself for the team overall goal-Just win.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Some say that is over rated.... I feel it is based on the individual pitcher and that pitcher being honest to himself and teammates and not allowing his ego to get the best of himself for the team overall goal-Just win.
    It does depend on the pitcher. But Harang has thrown a LOT of pitches this year and has looked sluggish in some of his starts. It's a fine line between too much and not enough and one that's probably easy to look back and judge in retrospect. But I do think they should be a bit easy on him because even if he's not quite the talent that a Ben Sheets is, Harang is the first legitimate strikeout pitcher we have had in some time so hopefully they'll be cautious with him if he's looking tired like the Brewers will make sure Sheets is doing alright as well.

I can say this though, I am quite glad we're done playing you guys. Usually you put up one hell of a fight and can make a lot of Reds fans quite sad. Heh.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers I was thinking the same thing..

The Reds always seem to have the Brewers #... Then again, until the past year or two, who hasn't had the Brewers #...

GO BREWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    There have been some real back and forth games though. So I think the losses on either side are really painful. Mention the name "Bill Hall" to a Reds fan and he might challenge you to a fight.

It seems as if the dark days in Milwaukee are nearing their end. You've suffered quite a bit of injuries this year and if you could get healthy (plus get Doug Davis back on track) I wouldn't be surprised with a really strong finish.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Agree...

But i still dont believe that Davis is a top of the rotation kind of guy.. I think at best he is a #4. I would love to see the Brewers get at least a quality #2 starter and move Davis to the #5. Sheets, Capuano, Ohka, Davis, and another high end starter would be nice. Again, I am sure that I am dreaming, but you just never know.....

GO BREWERS!!!!!!!!!!!1

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think last year was a bit of a career type year for Davis, but he's still a much better pitcher than what he's showing now. It's too bad Mark Rogers keeps suffering setbacks in the minors which has slowed his development. But hopefully for you all he can develop and give you a 1-2 punch with Sheets for the future.

AAA ERA
    The Reds were a good competition for us this year. Most of the games came down to the wire. I like close games like that. Except when Griffey gives the Reds the win or even gets a homer off of us like he did yesterday. I don't know what it is but I just can't get to like that man Ah well, if we keep this up on the road we could possibly sneak in the back door...Key words though were THE ROAD...It's been our devil all season...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast