Thread: Sheets leaves start with pectoral tightness

AAA ERA

Brewers Sheets leaves start with pectoral tightness

Ben Sheets left Saturday's game after one inning because of tightness in a pectoral muscle. That's better than the alterantive, we suppose. Sheets gave up a run on two hits and two walks in the first before being replaced by Geremi Gonzalez. He's been on the DL twice this year with shoulder injuries. -Rotoworld

Ahh so thats why he left after the first... Smart move to take him out.
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I hope it is not serious, but does this sound familiar.... Let Sheets rest until next year....Even if the Brewers somehow manage to hang around in the wild card hunt, or even manage to make the playoffs. Please, we aren't going anywhere..... Lets start playing and building for next year...

Crap, I really am starting to sound like a Cub's fan!!!!!!

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

At least the Brewers are NOT the Blue Jays and break the bank and still not measure up against the Yankees and Red Sox. For that matter, not most of the AL either.

MLB ERA
    Definately bad news for the Brewers. I don't know about letting him rest until next year considering there are still almost 2 months of season left. He could be the difference in a wild card and missing the playoffs, assuming he could recover from this tightness and pitch like he is capable. He had pitched great his last 2 starts in July. I just hate seeing these young star pitchers having all these injury problems. Just hopefully he won't have as many problems as Prior or Wood has.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    I'm praying it's nothing too serious either We can't really afford to lose him...Cappy is kind of in a slump so I have no idea what they'd do without him...

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

I guess Cappy is in a slump... Then again, so is our offense...

AAA ERA
    Very true, but I guess Sheets is suppose to pitch against the Cubs...

AAA ERA
    Technically the Brewers still have a shot at making the playoffs but I really wouldnt be pitching Sheets unless he is 100% you really wouldnt want to risk him getting hurt again or possibly some sort of permanent damage...
    http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7...uthbertrc1.jpg
    Im not the Genius that traded for Brandon McCarthy. And my name is certainly not John Gibbons...

AAA ERA
    That's right. Knowing it if he hurts it again he probably wouldn't play for half the year next year either...Peck muscles are hard to heal...