Thread: As of right now....

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers As of right now....

I am liking the C. Lee trade a little bit more.... I really think Cordero will help out our bullpen, Mench and Nix will allow the Brewers some options for trading or in their lineup. I really am confident that the Brewers are heading in the right direction... I still say they need at least one or two starters and another reliever. I would love to see them acquire another 25-30 homer run or a true leadoff hitter and move Weeks to the 2 hole.

My only concern for the Brewers is they all of the sudden still have a crowded outfield dilema.. Jenkins, CLark, Mench, Gross, Hart, and Gwynn are all on the roster already, with Nix on the DL and some minor leaguers geting close. Plus, Bill Hall can play the outfiled also.....

I really think the Brewers may not be done before the tradeline or the waiver trade deadline..... Plus I feel they are going have a busy and quality off-season....

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Jenkins will be gone after this year so its nice to have a crowded OF. You also have a crowded infield now with Bell coming over. I don't think the Brewers are done either.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    I would love to see them acquire another 25-30 homer run or a true leadoff hitter and move Weeks to the 2 hole.
    That is not likely to happen unless the Brewers plan to spend like the Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, or Dodgers, and that is if such hitters are available.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers 3b

I don't think Bell will be around next year anyways, unless he is willing to take a position as a bench player and be a role model for the youngsters. If I am not mistaking, I believe the Brewers are about ready to promote a kid in their farm system.]

Or maybe he will platoon with Koskie. Then what do they do with Cirillio.... Another crowded position.... Decisions the Brewers are going to have to make in the very near future. We have lots of options, even if they only get prospects for some of these players, keep the farm system stocked for themselves or for trading next year when expectations will be even higher in my opinion.