Thread: Carlos Lee Dealt

M's fan to the fullest
    AA ERA

Rangers Carlos Lee Dealt

The Brewers are sending Lee, minor league outfield prospect Nelson Cruz to the Rangers for relief pitcher Francisco Cordero and outfielders Kevin Mench and Laynce Nix
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2532418

AA ERA
    the rangers also get a PTBNL... but all said, the breweres got a pretty good deal for Lee..hope the Rangers have fun resigning Lee at the end of the year..

p.s. Rangers need pitching not hitting. lol

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Reds_fan_4_life
    p.s. Rangers need pitching not hitting. lol
    That is true, but right now there is no pitching available that will help the Rangers much. The only pitching that will really help the Rangers down the stretch is if Adam Eaton can pitch to his potential, and they don't have to give up any top pitching prospects for him like they would for guys like Livan Hernandez, Freddie Garcia, or Jason Westbrook.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

AAA ERA
    I guess we'll find out tonight how good this trade actually is...

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by eLCaBio BLoNdiE
    I guess we'll find out tonight how good this trade actually is...

you will when the Reds win b/c a big offensive piece is missing now! lol

AAA ERA
    I like the deal for the Brewers. THis makes them younger, better, and is by no means a white flag trade.
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HafDawg2003
    I like the deal for the Brewers. THis makes them younger, better, and is by no means a white flag trade.
    They don't really get that much younger.

Mench-28/ Lee-30
    Nix-25/ Cruz-26
    Cordero-31/ Whoever else the Rangers get will probably be younger than 31

They definately got good value out of him though considering he was probably not going to resign withh Milwaukee. I just hope the Rangers can resign him now.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

AA ERA
    The PTBNL is no longer going to the Rangers, it goes to the Brewers 21 year old A baller Julian Cordero.
    SBSL- Brooklyn Cyclones
    I am a proud member of the Anti-Rocksports Alliance.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yep the Brew Crew is now even younger and even better. This team has been quoted as "will be nasty real soon." Well, there time is here as the young studs are steping it up and the new guys on the block will help immensly. Nice trade.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Hey Molina... that is not fair, you guys got Lee, but we didn't get Young or Blalock... Hahahahahaha..... That was a little joke when I first logged on about Lee-Koskie for Young-Blalock or something like that.....

Anyways.... As of right now, I am satisfied with the trade..... There is a lot of what if's with the Brewers returns....... Nix staying healthy........ Mench proving he is worth being an everyday player and staying productive, and if Cordero turning things around and maybe having him and Turnbow (when he gets his act together) being a loaded tail end of the bullpen...... I just hope at least one, if not both of those two, can get their acts together and dominate and maybe push each other into becoming the primary closer....

We will see!!!!!

This trade also allows us to possibly hang around the wild-card palyoff chase and give the youngster some valuable experience for YEARS to come...............

GO BREWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan19
    Hey Molina... that is not fair, you guys got Lee, but we didn't get Young or Blalock... Hahahahahaha..... That was a little joke when I first logged on about Lee-Koskie for Young-Blalock or something like that.....

Anyways.... As of right now, I am satisfied with the trade..... There is a lot of what if's with the Brewers returns....... Nix staying healthy........ Mench proving he is worth being an everyday player and staying productive, and if Cordero turning things around and maybe having him and Turnbow (when he gets his act together) being a loaded tail end of the bullpen...... I just hope at least one, if not both of those two, can get their acts together and dominate and maybe push each other into becoming the primary closer....

We will see!!!!!

This trade also allows us to possibly hang around the wild-card palyoff chase and give the youngster some valuable experience for YEARS to come...............

GO BREWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So many people keep saying Cordero needs to get it together and get back on track. Read this that I posted in another thread:

I don't know why everyone keeps saying Cordero needs to get back to his old form. Here are his stats from May 1st through July 22nd.

36 GP, 4-2, 36.2 IP, 29 H, 8 R, 8 ER, 11 BB, 42 K's, 3 Saves, 1.96 ERA

A 1.96 ERA!!!
    How much more on track does the guy need to be?

Even with his bad game against the Yankees where he gave up 4 runs his ERA over the last 3 months would still only be 2.87.

PSLJedi31-448th00000

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I know he is doing well as a setup guy, but I would like to see him take over the closer's role or give Yurnbow a run for his $$$... Kolb is definetly NOT going to threaten Turnbow..... Sometimes pressure from another person will straighten you out in a hurry, or you could be shipped out!!!!