Thread: Maddux brothers could reunite

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Maddux brothers could reunite

Milwaukee reportedly has inquired about the availability of Greg Maddux. His brother, Mike, is the Brewers' pitching coach, and former Braves coach Ned Yost is the manager. … Wade Miller will skip his next rehab start at Class A Peoria after incurring shoulder fatigue. He threw only 85 m.p.h. in his last outing, and there are some doubts he'll ever pitch for the Cubs. Does Miller believe he will? "I hope so," he said. "I really don't know."
    http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....cubs-headlines

This is one of several teams inquiring about Maddux. Other than the brotherly love that he would have from the Brew Crew pitching coach, I really don't see this as a good fit for the Brewers. I would think with Sheets still ot being healthy, they would need something better than that to push for the playoffs.

AA ERA
    What do we get lol?
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

MLB ERA
    I'm leaning toward saying Greg Maddux should retire. He obviously isn't like Roger Clemens in terms of his ability to pitch at a very high level near the end of his career. Maddux got off to an awesome start this year but now has an ERA of 5.00. This is probably going to be the worst year of Maddux's career. If the Brewers do trade for him, he would automatically become their worst starting pitcher out of starters who have pitched the full season.
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I agree with you Molina. Despite that awesome start (which I thought rejuvenated his career), he still is having a very horrible year for his standards. I really don't think anyone should be inquiring about him seriously.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Oakland is the latest team to show interest in Greg Maddux. Maddux seems certain to go before the July 31 trading deadline if he gives the Cubs the go-ahead to deal him.

The Los Angeles Dodgers, Milwaukee and San Diego are three other teams reportedly interested in Maddux, whose postseason experience may outweigh his mediocre first-half numbers. Maddux is 7-9 with a 4.89 earned-run average after going 5-0 in April and being named National League Pitcher of the Month.
    http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....cubs-headlines

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Maddux a Brewer? Contrary to a report out of Chicago, Cubs pitcher Greg Maddux does have a no-trade clause in his contract. That was confirmed by his agent, Scott Boras, who attended the All-Star Game.

Boras gave no indication that Maddux would refuse a trade to the Milwaukee Brewers, who have expressed interest in acquiring him for the second half. Maddux is thought to be receptive to going to Milwaukee, where his brother, Mike, is the pitching coach and longtime friend Ned Yost is the manager.

Maddux, who has a home in Dana Point, Calif., reportedly would OK a deal to the Los Angeles Dodgers as well. Maddux has an $8 million contract for 2006 but less than half of the money remains in that deal.

Brewers owner Mark Attanasio has said he has given permission to general manager Doug Melvin to increase the club's $54 million payroll if the right player was available.
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=461941

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I have always been a Greg Maddox fan... But please, the Brewers do not need him.. He is not the same. If the Brewers are foing to be buyers at the deadline, then I hope the management can do better than that. I hope they pull off a huse and surprisingly great trade. They have lots of quality to dangle in front of other teams. But make it a quality trade!!!!! Lee and Jenkins would be big names to throw out there for high caliber and ready to help players from other teams. I don't want to see Maddox for Lee. I would have to pull out what remaining hair I have left on my head. AGAIN, NO MADDOX.