Thread: Prince gets his hit!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Prince gets his hit!

"I just need one to fall in," he said.
    One finally did, and it couldn't have come at a better time.
    Fielder wiggled free from the collar of a 0-for-11 start with an opposite-field, run-scoring bloop hit off reliever Roberto Hernandez in the bottom of the eighth inning at Miller Park, sending the Brewers to a 3-2 victory over Pittsburgh and a three-game sweep of their opening series.
    Never has a broken-bat single felt so good.
    "I'll take it," said Fielder, who got on base for the first time this season with a second-inning walk.
    "I thought I'd never get a hit again. I was just trying to make contact and I got lucky. It was a 'jam shot.' I'm just glad it worked out."
    It was in the eighth inning the previous evening that the home crowd put on a remarkable display of support for Fielder, who was 0 for 8 with seven strikeouts at the time. As he came to the plate, the fans stood and gave him a prolonged ovation, showing they were behind him despite his struggles.
    "I don't think you'd see that in too many other cities," manager Ned Yost said.
    Fielder was so focused on getting his first hit - instead, he flied out to center - he didn't notice the standing ovation. When told about it by teammates, he could barely believe it.
    "I appreciate it," Fielder said. "You don't expect that, especially in that situation. It's tough right now, so I thank them for it."
    Yost dropped Fielder from fifth to seventh in the batting order to try to take some pressure off him. But in a closed-door meeting in the manager's officer before batting practice, Yost told Fielder he was staying in the lineup.
    "He might get an occasional day off but he's not coming out of the lineup," Yost insisted.
    The stage was set for Fielder to finally break through in the eighth when Geoff Jenkins drew a 10-pitch walk off left-hander Damaso Marte and Bill Hall drew another pass with one down from Hernandez. Rickie Weeks struck out on a nasty breaking ball, bringing up his close friend, Fielder.
    With the count, 0-2, Hernandez came inside on Fielder and he fought it off, dumping it into shallow left field to score Jenkins with the winning run.
    "You just kind of felt that," Yost said. "I turned around and said, 'Prince is going to win it for us right here.' He's too good a player, too good a hitter, to have it go an extended amount of time."
    http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=413692

There will be plenty more of that to come. This guy is simply nasty and built like an ox. Anyone think he will put up the power numbers that his father put up?

AA ERA
    I think he definately has the talent and potential, we will just have to wait and see if he is able to reach it.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Prince had a very good game today. 3-4 with a homerun. Him, Schilling, and Vizquel were stars for my fantasy team today
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

Hopefully he reaches his talent, Brewers could definitely be a team to watch in the future.