Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marlins not done yet

AA ERA
    He's saying that the Marlins have control of Willis and Cabrera for another 3 or 4 years before they are able to walk as FA's, so basically he and I agree that there should be no rush to move those guys. Cabrera isn't arbitration eligible yet and I believe Dontrelle Willis just went through his first arbitration year. So the Marlins won't deal them anytime soon, you won't see those guys in another uniform until they are eligible for Free Agency and even then then I believe the Marlins will try their hardest to keep one of them.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Cabrera is up for arbitration after this season and Willis is already making over $4 mil which is like a third of their payroll. Cabrera will get seven figures and possibly make more than Willis depending on what other players like Cabrera made in their fourth year. Pujols made $7 mil in his fourth year. They are clearly going to make too much money for the Marlins to keep so they need to get something in return this year. Yes it sucks but they can get some great prospects for these guys.

MLB ERA
    Ok well if there was ever any one player I'd deal specs for it's Willis and Cabrera. I'd give them everyone but Phillip Hughes.

MLB ERA
    The Marlins will have no problem taking these guys to arbitration. They've done it with all the other guys, its just when they start looking for those 5 year deals that they bail.

I figure the only way the Yankees would get either of those two would be to trade Hughes. If Beckett required both Hanley and Anibal, then I figure for Cabrera...eeek...
    http://strike3forums.com/forums/phot...pelbon2006.jpg

Then out of fairness to the others you will be Slagathor.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Cabrera would make a lovely replacement for Mr. Bonds.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12