Thread: The Franchise Season 2 Marlins..anyone watching?

Rookie ERA

The Franchise Season 2 Marlins..anyone watching?

I didn’t see the first season with the Giants, though now I wish I had but didn't have any premuim channels ubtil I got Showtime free when I switched companies at the end of last yea< I decided to keep it to watch the the Borgia series. I really like the no holds barred look into what goes on, no sugar coating. One beef though, they tried to cram too much of the first 3 months of the season into the first episode. Next show picks up with Giancarlo’s surgery which was just last weekend.

Rookie ERA

Re: The Franchise Season 2 Marlins..anyone watching?

With all the trades and the Hanley self inflicted injury fiasco I am chomping at the bit for the next two installments. I know Ozzie was furious about Hanley getting an infection in his hand because he "forgot" to take his antibiotics. Besides this show the two bright spots have been Bonny coming back and former Ray Justin Ruggiano.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It should definitely be interesting to say the lease. I haven't been watching this season

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Maybe I'll seek it out when it's done on TV. Was going to check it out weekly, but forgot it was on.

Rookie ERA

Looks like tonight will be the last episode though it was scheduled til the end of the month. Overall I have enjoyed it, a bit disappointing of a season and ending it early especially with Giancarlo being so hot right now.

So, two strikes as far as I am concerned, first, they wait too long into the season to start, forcing them to cram too much of the early part of the season into the first full episode. Second, bailing out early just because they didn't have a winning season.

So, is the show a curse like the Sports Illustrated cover or just coincidence? The players and staff publicly state it is not a distraction, that for the most part they don't even notice the Showtime crew there. I don't realy think the crew is responsible for all the injuries and slumps of major players throughout this season. With Stanton being back you have to wonder if they could have kept their heads above water if he hadn't missed July. Hopefully, this doesn't signal the end of The Franchise.