Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Tobywan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,986
    Rookie ERA
    42.15

    Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    Marlins release Helms and send down Morrison.



    Now I know why LoMo was silent on Twitter after the Giants game.

  2. #2
    De Facto Baseball God
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    22,208
    MLB ERA
    5.77

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    Sounds like Morrison has some growing up to do. He's a damn good ballplayer so not having him on the field hurts the team. All I care about is what he does at the ballpark but if he's being a clubhouse cancer and being disrespectful, he needs to learn a lesson. If this is about Twitter, I will be appalled.

  3. #3
    Going For It

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    George St.
    Posts
    4,682
    MLB ERA
    2.35
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    Appalled at LoMo, or at the Marlins organisation for hating on the guy cause he speaks his mind?

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer Slyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Belle, WV
    Posts
    12,929
    MLB ERA
    9.67

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    Marlins ownership/management is such a pimple on the backside of baseball. I wish Bud would step in and kick Loria to the curb before he can make hundreds of millions of dollars for doing nothing besides holding a team captive and pocketing all the revenue sharing $ for himself.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

    RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

    RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

    Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Tobywan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,986
    Rookie ERA
    42.15

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    According to the rumor mills this is a "personal" issue, not wholly to do with "Tweets" but a pattern of LoMouth speaking his mind and bucking the roster "hierarchy" that seems to exist along with the front office. I would say they may be on to something.

    A few things I read in the “rumors“ did actually happen, earlier in the season Morrison did basically get into it with Hanley Ramirez labeled by the team as a “clubhouse incident“ (we all know the keeping things in the clubhouse“ code in MLB), something that is usually taken on by a vet not a sophomore. He was also very outspoken when the Marlins canned pitching coach John Mallee.

    The latest incident supposedly has a bit to do with a charity bowling event LoMo had been planning on their off day on Thursday. I remember seeing him tweeting constantly about the upcoming Bowl encouraging everyone to come and then all of a sudden he wasn’t tweeting hardly at all last week. Seems the event had to be canceled because the Marlins Foundation “dropped the ball“ according to Logan. Other events had been scheduled the last couple of days an autograph session on Sat. that he did attend but he refused to attend the photo shoot later with season ticket holders (speculated as a kind of putting his foot down with the Marlins of not supporting the event since they didn‘t support his), but he did post an apology to the fans on Twitter beforehand.

    So, it is speculated that the team is sending him a message and while I can understand that the season tickets holders should be viewed as more important by the ALL the players over followers on Twitter, it seems that Logan wanted to send the message “if you want me to wash your hands you have to wash mine”.

    LoMo asked for a reason for his demotion and posted on Twitter that he was told it was his BA being .240. (actually .249) higher than Hanley .243, Buck .227, Coghlan .230 and Cameron .208. He had 60 RBI‘s only ones with more are Sanchez and Stanton, so I call BS on the Marlins, they should have been as frank with LoMo and told him “look buckaroo, you need to learn your place and maybe AAA will give you some fuel to reflect“.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer Slyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Belle, WV
    Posts
    12,929
    MLB ERA
    9.67

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobywan View Post
    According to the rumor mills this is a "personal" issue, not wholly to do with "Tweets" but a pattern of LoMouth speaking his mind and bucking the roster "hierarchy" that seems to exist along with the front office. I would say they may be on to something.

    A few things I read in the “rumors“ did actually happen, earlier in the season Morrison did basically get into it with Hanley Ramirez labeled by the team as a “clubhouse incident“ (we all know the keeping things in the clubhouse“ code in MLB), something that is usually taken on by a vet not a sophomore. He was also very outspoken when the Marlins canned pitching coach John Mallee.

    The latest incident supposedly has a bit to do with a charity bowling event LoMo had been planning on their off day on Thursday. I remember seeing him tweeting constantly about the upcoming Bowl encouraging everyone to come and then all of a sudden he wasn’t tweeting hardly at all last week. Seems the event had to be canceled because the Marlins Foundation “dropped the ball“ according to Logan. Other events had been scheduled the last couple of days an autograph session on Sat. that he did attend but he refused to attend the photo shoot later with season ticket holders (speculated as a kind of putting his foot down with the Marlins of not supporting the event since they didn‘t support his), but he did post an apology to the fans on Twitter beforehand.

    So, it is speculated that the team is sending him a message and while I can understand that the season tickets holders should be viewed as more important by the ALL the players over followers on Twitter, it seems that Logan wanted to send the message “if you want me to wash your hands you have to wash mine”.

    LoMo asked for a reason for his demotion and posted on Twitter that he was told it was his BA being .240. (actually .249) higher than Hanley .243, Buck .227, Coghlan .230 and Cameron .208. He had 60 RBI‘s only ones with more are Sanchez and Stanton, so I call BS on the Marlins, they should have been as frank with LoMo and told him “look buckaroo, you need to learn your place and maybe AAA will give you some fuel to reflect“.
    Like I said previously the Marlins Front Office is a pimple on the backside of baseball and it's a crying shame that baseball puts up with it.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

    RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

    RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

    Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

  7. #7
    De Facto Baseball God
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    22,208
    MLB ERA
    5.77

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    Quote Originally Posted by Foster View Post
    Appalled at LoMo, or at the Marlins organisation for hating on the guy cause he speaks his mind?
    I would be appalled if LoMo was sent down because of Twitter. I couldn't care less about what a player says unless he disrespects the game and so far I haven't heard anything close to that from LoMo.

  8. #8
    Hero ball. Kingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    My office.
    Posts
    56,039
    MLB ERA
    6.85
    Blog Entries
    61

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    Here is why he was demoted:

    Spin:

    Morrison canceled a charity bowling tournament last week after he felt the Marlins' Community Foundation didn't hold up their end of the function, and he opted out of the meet-and-greet as a way of letting the team know how he felt about the situation. Jeffrey Loria's organization has sent people packing for smaller 'transgressions' than this, so despite his upside don't be shocked if Morrison gets traded in the offseason.
    .rotowire

    The Marlins have a community? Really? Of what, empty seats?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

    The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

  9. #9
    Hero ball. Kingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    My office.
    Posts
    56,039
    MLB ERA
    6.85
    Blog Entries
    61

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    I hope he is dealt. I hope they get rid of Stanton too. They're wasted on a team that carries a 38 person attendance and a malfunctioning robot like Loria.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

    The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

  10. #10
    De Facto Baseball God
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    22,208
    MLB ERA
    5.77

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    No way he or Stanton are traded moving into a new stadium next year. Helms was released for giving LoMo advice to not stay for the photo shoot. Pathetic job by the Marlins front office!! LoMo will surely file a grievance and win.

  11. #11
    Hall of Famer Tobywan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,986
    Rookie ERA
    42.15

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Helms was released for giving LoMo advice to not stay for the photo shoot.

    One of the comments from Logan right after he was given the news he mentioned that he wondered if it had something to do with Helms but didn’t want to say what happened until he talked with him again. That’s probably what he was talking about, seems as the player rep, Logan went to Wes and asked him if he could ‘opt out” of the photo shoot and Helms told him yes, that “appearances” aren’t something a team can force players to attend, hours later he is released and Logan is demoted.

    They played his comments on IT and he sounded like his best friend had just died. He is 3rd on the team in production, playing through injuries on a LAST place team and as he says “this is how I’m treated”.

    He still hasn’t lost his sense of humor though he tweeted a few hours ago…..

    Quote Originally Posted by LoMouth View Post
    "Just went through security at FLL. Forgot to take my belt off. As reward I was given a Deep Tissue massage by Bob from TSA”


  12. #12
    Hall of Famer Tobywan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Tampa Bay
    Posts
    5,986
    Rookie ERA
    42.15

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    He's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! LoMo announced on Twitter last night that he was on a flight back to FL.

  13. #13
    Hero ball. Kingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    My office.
    Posts
    56,039
    MLB ERA
    6.85
    Blog Entries
    61

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth-lomo-jpg

    Woohoo
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

    The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

  14. #14
    De Facto Baseball God
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    22,208
    MLB ERA
    5.77

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    Amy K. Nelson of ESPN.com reports that Logan Morrison has filed a grievance against the Marlins in regards to his August demotion.
    According to Nelson, Morrison argues that he was disciplined without "just cause." The Marlins surprised many around baseball with their decision and while they argued that his demotion was performance-related, he returned to the majors as soon as he was eligible after batting just .167 (4-for-24) with one home run and five RBI at Triple-A New Orleans. It remains to be seen whether he will be vindicated, but this certainly won't help his apparent crumbling relationship with the organization.
    I truly hope LoMo wins this one!

  15. #15
    Hero ball. Kingdom's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    My office.
    Posts
    56,039
    MLB ERA
    6.85
    Blog Entries
    61

    Re: Marlins lose the Helm, silence LoMouth

    • The Palm Beach Post reported that Morrison had confronted teammate Hanley Ramirez behind closed doors about his late arrivals.
    Seems like everyone that confronts Hanley on being a better person and a better player gets the short end of it. I don't care if he's the face of the franchise, he's proven nothing this season other than he's a bitch. I applaud Morrison for this, maybe one day Ramirez will get it. Or become like his namesake, Manny Ramirez, a complete failure in the end.


    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/69...vance-demotion
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

    The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •