Thread: I'll just refer to it as The Whorehouse from now on

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Marlins I'll just refer to it as The Whorehouse from now on

The Marlins now play in "Sun Life Stadium" - Circling the Bases - Baseball - NBC Sports
    In the future, everyone will hold the naming rights to the Marlins' ballpark for fifteen minutes ...

The Marlins' home for the next two years will be known by yet another name for the 2010 season. The football/baseball facility in South Florida, which is currently called Dolphin Stadium again, will be renamed Sun Life Stadium, after the company Sun Life Financial . . . It started with Joe Robbie Stadium, then went to Pro Player Park, Pro Player Stadium, Dolphins Stadium, Dolphin Stadium and then Land Shark Stadium for most of the '09 season. It then reverted to Dolphin Stadium following the FedEx Orange Bowl on Jan. 5, and now it will be known as Sun Life Stadium.

Given how often it changes It can't cost much money to name the place. We should just pool our money and get it donw. Yahoo!'s Dave Brown's idea -- "Say Hello to my Little Ballpark" -- is in the lead so far. Anyone have anything better?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: I'll just refer to it as The Whorehouse from now on

Surely our clever witted minds can come up with something better than Yahoo.

Good start mofo!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Some external ideas

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Sun Life Stadium: A Planned Living Community

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The place is a ****ing dump. One of The Whorehouse's walls fall apart, and Padilla has to pay for it when the game stoppage interrupts his rhythm and then he falls apart. We got ****ing jobbed like the Clippers in their game in Memphis when everyone had to be evacuated when a water main burst open. What a crock of shit.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    The place is a ****ing dump. One of The Whorehouse's walls fall apart, and Padilla has to pay for it when the game stoppage interrupts his rhythm and then he falls apart. We got ****ing jobbed like the Clippers in their game in Memphis when everyone had to be evacuated when a water main burst open. What a crock of shit.
    Quote of the week vote.