Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Names The Marlins Should Look Into

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Names The Marlins Should Look Into

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    Gonzalez and Soriano are more proven that Nunez in their roles, are they an injury risk sure but they definitely have the superior talent and are better relievers. There is no way LTR that you can say that the Marlins bullpen is better, Lindstrom has been struggling and hasn't ever done a good job in the closers role so its definitely a concern.

The reality though is that neither of these bullpens are that good, Nunez's ERA last year would have put him dead last if he was in the Red Sox bullpen. Both of these bullpens are average but the Braves do have the better pen.
    Yes cjkalt, I can say the Marlins pen is better because they are not relying on three guys coming off injury. Gonzalez, Soriano and Moylan WERE proven but are not anymore. You are living on a prayer from two years ago. What you CANNOT do is say they are the superior talent since they haven't pitched in a year. Who would you want? They guy who is increasingly getting better or the guy coming off arm surgery? The choice should be clear. I'll take the 25 year old. Lindstrom's struggles have already been addressed. He is behind everyone. Yes, they are both mediocre bullpens but have less worries about the Marlins. Braves closer role is just as up in the air as the Marlins.

The Red Sox pen has nothing to do with anything and was ridiculous to even bring up.

Sanchez's spring stats aren't very telling as are no spring stats. Sanchez is doing well right now and could be called up if Bonifacio continues to struggle.

Nolasco might not be the same but he is definitely underachieving at this point. Do you want to deny that?

Does anyone want to stick to the topic? Good ****ing lord!

MLB ERA

Mariano Rivera
    Jonathan Papelbon
    Troy Perceval
    George Sherill
    Bobby Jenks
    Joakim Soria
    Joe Nathan
    Francisco Rodney
    Kerry Wood
    Brandon Morrow
    Brian Fuentes
    Frank Francisco
    Francisco Rodriguez
    Brad Lidge
    Carlos Marmol
    Ryan Franklin
    Matt Capps
    Trevor Hoffman
    Jose Valverde
    Chad Cordero
    Chad Qualls
    Jonathan Broxton
    Heath Bell

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yes cjkalt, I can say the Marlins pen is better because they are not relying on three guys coming off injury. Gonzalez, Soriano and Moylan WERE proven but are not anymore. You are living on a prayer from two years ago. What you CANNOT do is say they are the superior talent since they haven't pitched in a year. Who would you want? They guy who is increasingly getting better or the guy coming off arm surgery? The choice should be clear. I'll take the 25 year old. Lindstrom's struggles have already been addressed. He is behind everyone. Yes, they are both mediocre bullpens but have less worries about the Marlins. Braves closer role is just as up in the air as the Marlins.

The Red Sox pen has nothing to do with anything and was ridiculous to even bring up.

Sanchez's spring stats aren't very telling as are no spring stats. Sanchez is doing well right now and could be called up if Bonifacio continues to struggle.

Nolasco might not be the same but he is definitely underachieving at this point. Do you want to deny that?

Does anyone want to stick to the topic? Good ****ing lord!
    Gonzalez threw just about the same number of innings as Nunez last year and had lower ERA so you can't say that he isn't reliable, but I agree with the bcshorts list of closers, they need one badly, there should be a similar list for MR and leadoff guys cause they rank in the bottom 10 of both
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

So I guess we can co-title this thread things the Braves and Marlins need now

Back to the topic where I hope it stays, Logan Kensing was designated for assignment so maybe they could trade him for one of the men I mentioned like Fossum. I think the other relievers will clear waivers and be released.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by cjkalt View Post
    Gonzalez threw just about the same number of innings as Nunez last year and had lower ERA so you can't say that he isn't reliable, but I agree with the bcshorts list of closers, they need one badly, there should be a similar list for MR and leadoff guys cause they rank in the bottom 10 of both
    What in the **** are you talking about man? Gonzalez had an ERA of 4.28 which wasn;t even near Nunez's. This is the problem!! You must know what you are talking about to have a debate. Braves rank worse in MR so I say again, bc's list should be for the Braves as well. And the Marlins were top five in MR before this weekend. Know what you are talking about helps! ****ing priceless!!

Please get this back on topic!!

MLB ERA

And the Braves would be 6th in the NL if you take out the game against the Phillies. Yipee!!!!

Let's just take out a game here and there when it becomes beneficial to someone's argument.

And the Braves don't need any of those names, because the back end of the bullpen is very, very good.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

HAHAHA Who the **** took a game out here and there to benefit me?? The Marlins were better before and after the bullpen blow ups!! Good **** christ man!!!!!!!! That Braves bullpen is no where near very, very good either you homer you!

MLB ERA

Oops, my bad. I thought the bullpen only gave up seven runs. Nine, actually, which moves them to 4th. That's even higher than the Marlins. Must be a hell of a bullpen the Braves have.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

You're still wrong so yeah, you're bad alright.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Does anyone have anything to contribute to the topic of this thread??

MLB ERA

Wrong about what? That you conveniently take out two games in which that Marlins' bullpen got completely demolished in order to say they're better than the Braves? Who cares what they were before the weekend...

But we got new information. Do we ignore it, or do we use it? According to you, we ignore it. So I'm going to ignore the one game in which the Braves bullpen imploded. Which gives them a 3.87 bullpen ERA, good for 4th in the NL. Incidentally, if you take out Moylan's part of that game, and his next, and just take the rest, he's only given up a run in six innings. (That's a 1.50 ERA for you mathematically challenged ones). So his injury must be hurting him. Oh, and we also should ignore that Soriano has only given up one run in eight innings (not removing anything!!! it's so cool when you get to do that!!) and has looked downright dominant. Gonzalez hasn't looked too amazing, but 4.00 ERA's aren't all that terrible, and one would think there's a decent chance it's going to move closer to his career mark.

The only thing I'm wrong about is continuing to think you are knowledgeable enough to have a compelling argument with. Maybe I'll learn, one day...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I did not omit any games!! Where did I do this?? Please find it!! Both the Braves and Marlins had bullpen meltdowns this past weekend. They are on the same level with the Marlins being better before and after them! Where do you see me omitting games??? Its not there you complete liar!!!

Want new information??? The Marlins still have a better bullpen ERA and BAA plus aren't relying on three guys coming off injury

Please stop trying to debate because you look bad every time!! Thanks for turning this thread into repeated bullshit you have already spat you homer you!

MLB ERA

Somehow, you fail to understand that both the Braves and Marlins cannot be playing the Phillies at the same time. The Phillies game happened to be the third game of the season.

The Braves bullpen gave up one run in 8.1 innings this weekend.

Good call

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

And they still have a worse ERA and BAA than the Marlins now.

Great call

MLB ERA

I congratulate the Marlins on having the 13th best bullpen in the NL with a 5.19 ERA. However, I pity the Braves on having the 15th best with a 5.44 ERA.

THEY HAVE BOTH SUCKED!!! DO YOU NOT GET IT?!?!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast