Thread: Marlins Wheeling and Dealing

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Marlins Marlins Wheeling and Dealing

The Kansas City Royals have traded first baseman and outfielder Ross Gload to the Florida Marlins.

The Royals on Wednesday said they would also get cash considerations, while the Marlins will get a player to be named.

The 32-year-old Gload hit .280 in 22 games for the Royals in spring training. He was acquired from the White Sox in 2006 and hit .273 in a career-high 122 games last season.

Gload was drafted by the Marlins in the 13th round of the 1997 amateur draft. He was traded to the Chicago Cubs in 2000. He's also played for Colorado and the Chicago White Sox.

The Baltimore Orioles have acquired infielder Roberto Andino from the Florida Marlins for pitcher Hayden Penn.

The Orioles announced the trade Wednesday.

Penn was 3-6 with a 9.31 ERA in 14 major league starts for the Orioles in 2005-06. The right-hander had 10 minor league starts in 2007 and spent 2008 at Triple-A Norfolk because of bone chips in his right elbow. He was 6-7 with a 4.79 ERA in 21 starts with Norfolk.

Andino has a .201 average (29-for-144) with two home runs and 12 RBIs in 79 games with the Marlins over four seasons. In 2008, Andino batted .206 (13-for-63) with two homers and nine RBIs.
    The Marlins also released Dallas McPherson yesterday. Marlins making some last minute moves to help their team. I don't see Penn being a major factor but he does provide depth. Gload could backup Cantu at first. Watch for the Astros to look at McPherson who can hit the ball hard.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Marlins Wheeling and Dealing

I think Team Reefer is the only team that still believes in McPherson.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I believe he can help a team, yes.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

McPherson can hit the ball hard for an out 80% of the time.