Thread: New Stadium Approved

MLB ERA

News New Stadium Approved

Here is a story from MLB.com on that subject: Marlins' ballpark vote passes | MLB.com: News
    Personally, I am pleased with this. The Marlins have some very good talent and the community needed to show them some support.
    Comments?
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA

Re: New Stadium Approved

I'll believe it when I see the shovel in the ground
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I just hope this brings fans to the ballpark. Personally, I think this is a waste of money because people in Miami just don;t care about baseball. I can only hope this stadium is truly amazing and people can't resist going. I also hope it makes the Marlins less thrifty with their money. The Marlins have a good team and a great core of players and I want to see them stick together.

MLB ERA

I sure hope they actually go to the games now. It's really pathetic how it is now. I'm very surprised that the team has not moved yet. It seems like no one cares until they make the playoffs.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Good to hear, but like cj I'll wait to be truly excited until the groundbreaking. It would be quite a nice story if this stadium not only reinvigorates the fan base but also allows for this current Marlin group to possibly stick around until they play their first season in the new park (guys like Nolasco, Ramirez, Maybin, etc.)

Little Havana, I bet the yuppies are going to have fun walking to the parking lot after a night game. Its not all bad, but there are some rough areas there. But I never went to the Orange Bowl so that might be a better part of it then where I was exploring at.

All Star
    Rookie ERA

There new name is gonna be the Miami Marlins.