Thread: First No-no Of '09

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Marlins First No-no Of '09

Marlins vs. Tigers - Recap - March 22, 2009 - ESPN

Nolasco has done everything right this spring and is a safe bet to be penciled in as starter on Opening Day. This kid is straight up nasty and really opened my eyes last year. I will be looking forward to seeing him and the rest of the Marlins staff the season. This team can be the Rays of '08.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: First No-no Of '09

And a lot of people think that Detroit is going to win the AL Central this year (at least that's what MLB Network thinks)

Facing the minimum over 7 while striking out 8 and walking only 2 is pretty stellar.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Nolasco keeps the hit totals low, the strikeout rate is increasing, and he has shown great control. He is a pitcher to watch for sure. It does make me kind of sad to think about which large market team will trade for him in a couple of seasons though.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Don't feel sad because the Marlins will likely win another ring before he leaves. That's just the Marlins way. I know I can't feel sorry for them because they have two more rings than my Giants.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Still, it hasn't been good for their market at all. Even if they do rebuild, deconstruct, time after time and find success... it just hasn't been good at all for allowing them to find and sustain a fanbase.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

They never had a fan base to begin with, even before the fire sales. It was a bad move in the first place to put a team down there. A move is needed but it looks like they will get that new stadium they have been asking for.