Thread: Hanley Shut Down

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Marlins Hanley Shut Down

Marlins SS Hanley Ramirez hasn't played since Saturday, when he was used as a designated hitter. Manager Fredi Gonzalez said Ramirez took infield practice as recently as Sunday, but continued to feel tightness in his throwing shoulder. Ramirez had arthroscopic surgery on his left shoulder after the 2007 season. ''I couldn't really tell you when he did it,'' Gonzalez said of Ramirez's latest shoulder problems. ``I guess he feels something in there. To err on the side of caution, we decided to shut him down until he sees a doctor, just to make sure there's nothing.
    Buster Olney came out with a list of the 10 most important or indispensable players to their teams. Somehow this man did not make the top ten. He didn't even get a honorable mention!! If Hanley Ramirez can't play, the Marlins do nothing and this is a team that finished 7.5 games behind the World Champs. Hanley is one of the best all around hitters in the game. He can hit for power, hit for average, steal bases and get on base. Without him, the Marlins are battling the Nationals for last place. With him, the Marlins can be legit contenders. How he was left off that list is beyond me. Maybe this injury won;t affect him much but maybe it will plague his '09 season. its too early to tell but this is definitely worth keeping your eye on.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Hanley Shut Down

Was the list posted here?

That is a crime he wasn't listed. Ramirez is a couple of months removed from being just 24. He isn't even in his prime yet and very likely will continue to get better. He would be right at the top of my list, maybe number one, for a position player to build around. The complete package as a hitter.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

1. Albert Pujols, Cardinals
    2. Johan Santana, Mets
    3. Joe Mauer, Twins
    4. Tim Lincecum, Giants
    5. Manny Ramirez, Dodgers
    6. Cliff Lee, Indians
    7. Brandon Webb, Diamondbacks
    8. Cole Hamels, Phillies
    9. CC Sabathia, Yankees
    10. Evan Longoria, Rays

Honorable mention: Vladimir Guerrero, Dustin Pedroia, Dan Haren, Justin Morneau, Matt Holliday, Yovani Gallardo, Carlos Zambrano, Derek Lowe, John Lackey, John Danks, Gavin Floyd and Ryan Braun; Braun has a rib injury.
    It is one of Olney's biggest omission's.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Incredible. What was he smoking to have an omission like that on a list that large?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Definitely wasn't smoking with me.

MLB ERA

Hanley would be #2 on that list for me, I mean the Phillies could live without Hamels, any team with Utley, Rollins, and Howard could survive, I just wonder if Olney just blanked on Hanley or thought he'd been traded
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hanley just signed a monster deal. No way he gets traded.