Thread: Marlins New Stadium Approved

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Marlins New Stadium Approved

The Official Site of Major League Baseball: News: Marlins' ballpark plan approved

Construction is scheduled to start by November, with the stadium ready for the opening of the 2011 season. The Marlins' Dolphin Stadium lease, long a problem because the club did not share in parking or concession revenues, expires after the 2010 season.

The stadium cost is estimated at $525 million, and the city has agreed to build an on-site, 6,000-space parking lot at an additional approximate cost of $94 million.

The county's tab adds up to $347 million, all but $50 million to be derived from tourist-tax revenues. The Marlins, who will contribute $155 million, will get $120 million in loans, and the other $35 million will be fronted by the county and paid back through yearly rent payments of $2.3 million.

In addition to building the parking garage, the city picks up $23 million, including $10 million for the demolition and cleanup of the Orange Bowl, the site of the new stadium.
    By 2011, this Marlins team should be pretty damn good with guys like Ramirez, Maybin and Andrew Miller to break in that stadium. Will people go to games now that they have a new stadium? I sure hope so.

MLB ERA

Re: Marlins New Stadium Approved

With a new stadium it should get fans to the games. I know I would go.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

YEAH!!! It is about darn time!!!!! Long overdue, and I am with Draven on this one, I would go to see a game in the new stadium. Both to watch the Marlins and see the new stadium.

MLB ERA

Anyone have any pictures on this?
    Tennessee Titans. Duke athletics. New York Yankees. Carolina Hurricanes. Portland Trailblazers.

Milwaukee Brewers MSL GM

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Loria got lucky when the city decided to tear down the Orange Bowl.

The Marlins' new stadium isn't waterfront property like Tampa's proposed new stadium, but it is in Little Havana, so maybe they'll finally score with the Cuban population.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Loria got lucky when the city decided to tear down the Orange Bowl.

The Marlins' new stadium isn't waterfront property like Tampa's proposed new stadium, but it is in Little Havana, so maybe they'll finally score with the Cuban population.
    They should bring back Livan Hernandez for that

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I thought that El Nino should've remained in Florida longer than he did, but John Henry wasn't the freespending owner that he is now of the Red Sox.

MLB ERA

Ballparks of Baseball
    Looks pretty good.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."