Thread: Uggla On The Block??

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Uggla On The Block??

According to the Miami Herald, the Marlins may look to shop Dan Uggla in addition to Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis.
    The newspaper suggests that by dealing Uggla "the Marlins might be able to meet some of their needs," which include pitching and center field help. The team is said to be interested in Howie Kendrick in a potential Cabrera deal with the Angels, which would push Uggla out of the second base job.
    I know a lot of teams that would love Uggla and my Giants are one of them. Uggla has been said to move to third if Cabrera was traded so he could be a viable option for third to the Yanks and BoSox.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Uggla On The Block??

Strange, I didn't know that Uggla was already in his final year of arbitration. The wheels keep on spinnin' in Florida though I guess.

MLB ERA

Re: Uggla On The Block??

If the Marlins move Cabrera and pick up Kendrick, what would be wrong with moving Uggla to 3B? I think he could handle the position at least as well as Cabrera does defensively, and his offense is getting a lot better.
    Uggla could make a lot of teams better at either position. The Mets could certainly use him, but it isn't likely the Marlins would make a deal within their division. AL teams that could use him would include the Twins, White Sox, and Royals.
    Lots of teams would be happy with him at 2B.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon