Thread: Willis exits early with tight left forearm

Marlins Willis exits early with tight left forearm

Dontrelle Willis matched the shortest outing of his Major League career on Tuesday when the Marlins left-hander was lifted after one inning due to a tight left forearm. Laboring through a four-run first inning against the White Sox at U.S. Cellular Field, the 25-year-old exited after 34 pitches, with 14 for strikes.
    Willis has never been on the disabled list since he was called up in May of 2003. The left-hander gave up four runs on three hits with three walks.
    In his last start, a loss to the Indians on June 14, Willis had his left forearm jammed in the third inning. He ended up pitching through and lasted seven innings in that game.
    Leading into Tuesday's game in Chicago, the Marlins were cautious about Willis. Initially, the team waited to see how the D-Train threw in side sessions before declaring he would go.
    Willis' forearm was jammed in a play where he covered first base. Cleveland's Grady Sizemore reached on an infield single when he tapped a grounder that was gloved by first baseman Aaron Boone. The toss to Willis, who was covering the bag, was wide. Willis fell and as he reached his arm out, Sizemore's foot kicked the pitcher's hand. The impact sent pain down to the D-Train's elbow.
    One of the most competitive players in the league, Willis pitched through, and didn't admit to anything more than some soreness.
    After falling behind by three in the first, the White Sox responded with four runs off Willis in their first at-bat. Andy Gonzalez walked, and, with one out, Paul Konerko singled. Jermaine Dye ripped an RBI single, and Josh Fields belted a three-run homer.
    The only other time Willis worked just one inning was on April 30, 2004, at San Francisco, when he gave up seven runs (six earned) in one-plus innings.
    The Official Site of Major League Baseball: News: Major League Baseball News

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Willis exits early with tight left forearm

Oh No, that doesnt sound good. Hope it is nothing too serious!

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Willis exits early with tight left forearm

Hopefully this isn't too serious, I really enjoy watching Dontrelle pitch and even though he hasn't been great this year, he's going to be a great pitcher for years to come.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Willis exits early with tight left forearm

I second what browntown said!!!

Re: Willis exits early with tight left forearm

I third it. It would be a shame if it's a serious injury.