Thread: Marlins Trade For Julio

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Marlins Trade For Julio

Marlins acquired RHP Jorge Julio and cash from the Diamondbacks for RHP Yusmeiro Petit.
    We can't imagine the Marlins wanted Julio unless it was to close. He can't be trusted to come into games with men on base, so the ninth inning is the best situation for him. Still, he won't be any sort of lock to close all year long. With ERAs of 4.57, 5.90 and 4.23 the last three years, Julio has pretty firmly established himself as a below average reliever. He'll probably have a couple of good months for the Marlins, but when all is said and done, the team could realize it would have been better off without him.
    This will end the Benitez rumors but the Marlins got no better in the bullpen. Julio is an awful closer and would have been better off getting someone else. Good job on the DBacks part.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Is this another way the Marlins are trying to tick their fans off? Geez, this is an awful trade. Maybe a change of scenery will help Julio, but I highly doubt it.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Are they definitely going to make him the closer now? I hope not because he is an awful closer.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    With Petit traded for Julio, the Marlins netted Mike Jacobs and Jorge Julio for Carlos Delgado. Outstanding.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Marlins Trade For Julio

What a stupid trade by the Marlins. Petit would have been their ace as of now.