Thread: ROY hurt, Boone Signs

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

ROY hurt, Boone Signs

Hanley Ramirez will sit out the rest of the Dominican Winter League season because of a strained left shoulder.
    Ramirez's shoulder troubles date back to the regular season. The Marlins want him to rest the injury for the remainder of the winter. The goal is for him to be 100 percent for the start of spring training.

Marlins signed third baseman Aaron Boone, who had been with the Indians, to a one-year contract.
    Florida gets its replacement for Wes Helms. Unfortunately, Boone isn't nearly as good of an option as a platoon first baseman as Helms, but he does offer quality defense and the ability to play second base when needed. If the Marlins start him over Mike Jacobs against left-handers, he'll have a little value in NL-only leagues.
    Well **** yeah they want Ramirez to be 100% and Boone is a better option than Helms I think. A return to the NL could do him some good.

MLB ERA
    Ramirez turned out to be the real thing last season, didn't he? The ROY in the NL was between him and Uggla.
    I hope he is good to go this next season.
    As to Aaron Boone signing, there were rumors he was headed to Minnesota. He is done as a starter, but could be a good bat off the bench in Florida.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    I agree, and to maybe one up you, he may even make a good manager one day. His family has been around baseball now, for what, 3 generations. I think he may know a thing or 2 about baseball. Just a hunch. He may become a good mentor for the youngsters in the Marlin's organization. Do the job that Cirillio is going to do in Minnesota and what he did in Milwaukee last year.

MLB ERA
    Exactly. I could see Aaron Boone as a manager in the bigs in 10 years.
    He'll almost certainly be a coach in a couple of seasons.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Their are just certain players that will make great coaches/managers. Cirillio will be like that for your Twins this year. IMO, a lot of times the "star" players don't make good coaches/managers cause they are so talented, their skill come naturally and easily to them they get frustrated. Where as an "average" or "below-average" player studies the game and uses their thinking power and analizies talent better because that is what they had to do to make it in the big time.