Thread: Girardi Close to Being Fired?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Marlins Girardi Close to Being Fired?

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/15220846.htm

"But for a short time Sunday afternoon, Girardi's future with the team appeared in doubt after a closed-door meeting with owner Jeffrey Loria that followed the Marlins' third consecutive loss to the Los Angeles Dodgers."
    Girardi has done the best job with a inexperienced team as we have seen in the past decade and maybe longer. If the Marlins fire Girardi, then Loria needs to be shot and killed and thrown to the sharks.

MLB ERA
    Cmon this team is going thru some growing pains. Girardi needs at least 3 years.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

IMO, Giardi has done a hell of a job this year. He has proved he can be a manager at the big league level and probably a GREAT one at that!!!!!

AA ERA
    Girardi has done one hell of a job... Although, with Dusty Baker's future with the Cubs being in doubt, it may wind up with him having a managerial job for the Cubs come this offseason. If he is fired, he most definately have a job offering somewhere.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    Girardi has done one hell of a job... Although, with Dusty Baker's future with the Cubs being in doubt, it may wind up with him having a managerial job for the Cubs come this offseason. If he is fired, he most definately have a job offering somewhere.
    The Cubs? Can anyone fix that team?

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Giradi has proven that he is a keeper as a manager but it wouldn't be shocking if Loria hands another popular manager the pink slip like he did with Felipe Alou in Montreal.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA
    Loria just wants to collect the luxury tax $$$ and put it in his pockets. that is what it seems like to me. Some owners don't really care if there teams wins or looses, they just worry about their own $$$$$...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Why would Girardi want to go to the Cubs when he has a team with a better upside in the Marlins?

Let's hope Alou does not get his option picked up. Giants need a better manager.

More on that:

The Marlins were reportedly set to fire manager Joe Girardi last week, but owner Jeffrey Loria changed his mind at the last minute.
    If the reports are to be believed, the team even had a press conference set up. "Everyone is going to write what they think happened. All I know is I'm still the manager of the Florida Marlins and I'm here,'' Girardi said. If the Marlins do fire Girardi, he'll surely be in line for another managerial job based on his work this season.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    I would keep him for at least another season see if they can do good at the start of the season and keep it up.
    "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess I'm suddenly having a hard time leaving it. Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once part of a star. Maybe I'm not leaving... maybe I'm going home."

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Basically, Giradi told Loria to shut up and that "he's got this" after Loria from his seat behind the dugout blabbed out loud to the umpire about a questionable call. Giradi reminded Loria that he is the manager and then Loria pulled out the "I'm the owner" card. Loria decides that he wants Giradi out.

It brings up the confrontational scene Tony and Frank Lopez in Scarface.
    "I'm giving you orders!"
    "The only thing that gives orders is balls."