Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: General Regular Season

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Oswalt is their best money pticher IMO.... He always seems to come up big for the Astros... I cant believe the Astros actually "rumored" to trade him at the deadline in July.... Were they stoned that day or what!!!

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Those rumors were about as true as the rumors of Terrell Owens trying to commit suicide. Stupid media will come up with anything these days.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Huge ass rain delay in Washington for the Phillies-Nationals game.

They're starting the game NOW (11:30 pm eastern) and then the Phillies will travel to Florida for the weekend series. This game will probably finish around 2:30 am eastern, LOL.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Clemens and Houston lose to another Chuck James gem tonight; meanwhile, the stupid Cards are winning thanks to a monster 3-run Pujols HR. Stupid Brewers!

St. Loo should be able to hang on for the win here, which would put them 1.5 games up on the Astros with 2 games left. Astros would have to win their last two games of the season and hope that the Cards lose both their games, or even go 1-1. Cards have Suppan and Carpenter going (Carpenter only if they don't clinch on Saturday), while the Astros have Sampson and Pettitte.

This is really quite stupid. I'm just dreading having to watch the Cards in the playoffs.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

Hey easy on my Brewers now.... Anyways, if you are counting on them to help you get into the playoffs, well prepare yourself for disappointment. St Louis owns the Brewers. So you better start praying!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Heh.

As for that AL Central race, well both the Tigers and Twins lost today. Tigers got beat down in extra innings by the likes of Zack Greinke and Joel Peralta. KC hit three homeruns in the 11th inning, Joe Nelson almost blew that lead in the bottom of the 11th, but they hold on.

On their side, the Twins got shut down by the White Sox, Bobby Jenks came on to try to close out a three-run lead, almost gave it away but held on juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust enough to get the win.

AL Central
    Tigers 95-65
    Twins 95-65

Twins need to:
    a) win 1 of 2 and hope the Tigers lose both their games; or
    b) win both their games and hope the Tigers split their last 2 games.

Freakin' Zack Greinke is back and I didn't even know.

MLB ERA
    Looks like Jocketty Methodology will be clutch YET again.

The should-be NL MVP could be a LARGE reason why.

Other methodologies simply don't appear to be employed in ways that lead to clutch performances to show who the superior team is ultimately.

You just have to tip your hat to that yearly superiority.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I must be missing the boat on this whole methodology because I see a crappy lineup, a crappy starting rotation and a crap bullpen ... all leading to a near-September collapse of historic proportions (8.5 game lead in September down to as low as 0.5 games). You want to call that "clutch", then fine.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    I must be missing the boat on this whole methodology because I see a crappy lineup, a crappy starting rotation and a crap bullpen ... all leading to a near-September collapse of historic proportions (8.5 game lead in September down to as low as 0.5 games). You want to call that "clutch", then fine.
    Something leads to them making the playoffs pretty much every year.

Their talent appears to be better than other teams. I know the NL is down this year, but their talent still appears to get it done when it matters most.

They find ways to win. Other don't.

The organization has always been like that.

There is a reason they have (9) World Championships, second only to the Yankees. St. Louis expects a high-quality product.

They get it.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

MLB ERA
    The Cards won in the clutch again.

Jeff Suppan with a sparkling clutch performance and a huge two-out 8th inning hit by Scott Spiezio got them this when.

Speaking of Spiezio, he has been a brilliant pickup. He has a .746 OPS for his career, but this year it is at .850. Another "peak" performer, as he never had an OPS over .807 before this year(other than over his first nine games of his roorkie season). It looks like the Cards got him at the perfect time, which happens to be at 34 in his case. Impressive.

The Astros now need to win tonight and tomorrow and have the Cards lose tomorrow and the next game. In other words, it looks like the Cards will prove to be the playoff team and have superior talent.

What an organization.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    the Tigers are so desperate for the division title that they use Kenny Rogers in relief. The plan backfires as he gets tagged for 2 runs in the 12th inning. With the Twins' win today, the Tigers are about to lose the division and fall back on the wild card, which would make the matchups: Oakland @ Minnesota, Detroit @ New York Yankees

MLB ERA
    I would like to congratulate Jocketty Methodology for proving to be the most talented and clutch in the NL Central. Well deserved.

The Reds and Astros need to learn from that particular methodology and skill level assesment.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It's over!
    Minnesota takes the division, Detroit the wild card.

Barring a comeback from 7-1 down by the Diamondbacks, we'll have:

Tigers @ Yankees
    A's @ Twins

Cards @ Padres
    Dodgers @ Mets

Give me the Yankees in 4, Twins in 5, Padres in 3, Dodgers in 5.

MLB ERA
    If the Dodgers win they better hope the Cards lose to the Padres, because the Cards are perfect against the Dodgers on the year.

BTW, thanks for the sig love, DK.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    BTW, thanks for the sig love, DK.
    I thought it was important to point out how the Cards lost 9 of their last 12 games and are referred to as clutch. This new sigquote should work better.

Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast