Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Prediction Time

Quote Originally Posted by General
    Lance is just a hater. I can say the exact same thing about New England, you're a bunch of arrogant, cocky bastards.
    If I was from New England I might take offense to that statement, but since as I stated previously I'm from your southern neighbor, Pennsylvania, it means very little to me. No, I'm not a hater, I thoroughly enjoy watching and routing for many teams, including Cleveland, Baltimore, St. Louis, Oakland, The Angels to name a few, and there are more. However, I have always been and will always be first and foremost a Red Sox fan. I don't find it neccessary to pick a "homer" as my team. As a matter of fact, in my area the Penn State Nittany Lions are a fan favorite of almost everybody. NOT ME!! I'm not pro Boston either, I don't particularly care for the New England Patriots at all. Had you read my post in it's entirety rather than bits and pieces, you would have read that I did state "I did say majority, not all before anybody bites my head off." DO YOU HAVE A GUILTY CONSCIENCE?????

Did I say you're an arrogant, cocky bastard? No, I said you're a hater, because as you said yourself, you hate all NY teams.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Did I say you're an arrogant, cocky bastard? No, I said you're a hater, because as you said yourself, you hate all NY teams.
    I once knew a guy who told me he "hated all California" teams...ah, huh?

I actually like California teams..I have a secret crush on the A's and Raiders.

The Giants I'm bitter over...2003 was our year, damnit, you bastards knocked us out.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    I live in New England, but I was not born here (born in VA)...I think that makes my hatred of the Red Sox that much easier I hate the Yankees, too though...I'm an equal opportunity hater.

I can say the exact same thing about New England, you're a bunch of arrogant, cocky bastards.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the above quote that was written by you contain the phrase "you're a bunch of arrogant, cocky bastards". I'm pretty sure it does, and usually when a person is addressed with "YOU", it is referring to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance324
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the above quote that was written by you contain the phrase "you're a bunch of arrogant, cocky bastards". I'm pretty sure it does, and usually when a person is addressed with "YOU", it is referring to them.

I said I CAN say that kind of stereotypical shit, like you did, and I demonstrated it. I like most Red Sox fans, Fisher being the main one. Pats fans are nice, though sometimes arrogant. Don't put words in my mouth.

I wasn't putting words in your mouth, you did that yourself. I never denied anything I said, my statement probably was somewhat stereotypical, that is exactly why I stated "most". I'm sure there many people from NYC that are very nice, I personally haven't met any though. It's quite possible I've only met the bad. I do not know you personally, I had no opinion on you what so ever. I still don't know you. What I do know is that you know absolutely nothing about me other than I dislike the Yankees and NY teams and like the Red Sox, then you turn around and call me a "hater". That is about as judgemental as it gets. I don't care to carry on with this p***ing match any longer. I'm here to talk baseball, not judge character!!!!!!!

MLB ERA
    Myaeh. Your making judgements based on a limited understanding. If Lance lived in NY and tried to like it he would. It's impossible not to. Meanwhile PA has some nice values but through my personal knowledge of the General I KNOW he would despise it. I love how you judge all New Yorkers. Have you ever lived here? No? OK, then shut up. As for General, don't pay attention to him, he's being biased against NY. Why? Perhaps he's so bitter over his major lack of World Series wins. Or the fact that Ben Affleck is the high-profile fan for his team, a man who is most notorious for dating ****ing JLO. Listen, don't dump all this Red Sox hate on me because I like a diehard Red Sox fan more than any casual fan because the sheer emotion is there. Ok, I'm done ranting on this.

Dry,
    Ben Affleck is an attention seeking, ego maniac. Dennis Leary, now there's a Red Sox Fan.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I actually like California teams..I have a secret crush on the A's and Raiders.

The Giants I'm bitter over...2003 was our year, damnit, you bastards knocked us out.
    Giants lost to the Marlins in the first round in 2003. 2002 wasn't your year either if that was what you were meaning.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    AL East
    1. Boston Red Sox
    2. New York Yankees *WC*
    2. Toronto Blue Jays *will tie Yankees for 2nd and go to a 1 game playoff*
    4. Tampa Bay Devil Rays
    5. Baltimore Orioles

AL Central
    1. Chicago White Sox
    2. Cleveland Indians
    3. Detroit Tigers
    4. Minnesota Twins
    5. Kansas City Royals

AL West
    1. Oakland A's
    2. Los Angeles Angels
    3. Texas Rangers
    4. Seattle M's

NL East
    1. Atlanta Braves
    2. New York Mets
    3. Philadelphia Phillies
    4. Washington Nationals
    5. Florida Marlins

NL Central
    1. St. Louis Cardinals
    2. Milwaukee Brewers *WC*
    3. Cincinnati Reds
    4. Houston Astros
    5. Chicago Cubs
    6. Pittsburgh Pirates

NL West
    1. San Diego Padres
    2. San Francisco Giants
    3. Los Angeles Dodgers
    4. Colorado Rockies
    5. Arizona Diamondbacks
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyder
    AL East: NY Paidkeys I mean Yankees
    Probably the toughest of divisions. I said it last year and I'll say it again. Im riding the Yankees until someone proves they can beat them in the regular season.
    1 Yankees
    2 Blue Jays
    3 Red Sox
    4 Devil Rays
    5 Baltimore
    Nailed the top 3 of the division. Stupid Tampa...

AL Central: The Champs are back with arguably even more pop in the bat and will be tough to beat, Cleveland stands the best shot of unseating the World Champs.
    1) Cleveland
    2) Chicago* Wild Card
    3) Detroit- keeps it tight enough to make people sweat
    4) Minnesota- also close enough to make people sweat
    5) Kansas City- Will pad win totals of the teams in the division and make it more competitive at the top.
    Wow, Cleveland and Chicago Underacheived badly. I choked in my assessment of the AL Central.

AL West-
    1) Oakland A's- Dont doubt Billie Beane. That is all.
    2) LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA of A- Vlad will try to carry LAA again
    3) Texas- Got a good return for Soriano and they will try and put together another run, but do they have enough pitching?
    4) Seattle- Ichiro will do what Ichiro does hit. Beltre looks to rebound I think he will. Not enough there to really match Beane ball.
    Nailed the final standings of this division.

National League:
    East:
    1) Atlanta- I said it last year and Ill say it again this year... Im going to ride this horse til it crokes. How many division titles in a row there General?
    2) NY Mets (Wild Card)- Spent a lot of money but they are still the second level team in the city and division.
    3) Washington- If Soriano plays in LF and shows he's at least trying they will get something for him. Wish the Reds would offer them Milton for Soriano and a pitcher jsut to save the extra year of Milton's contract.
    4) Philadelphia- Nice move to get Rowand for an aging Thome. They still wont acheive the hype.
    5) Florida- Fire Sale is in full swing and it will take time to retool.
    Said I would ride the Braves til it died. Welp they died and crushed me. Washington stunk, Fla didnt take as long as i thought that is all.
    NL Central:
    1) St. Louis- No one in the division is close to the Cards abilities WHEN HEALTHY. I think they stay healthy.
    2) Houston- No Roger can everyone not name Oswalt in the rotation pick up all that slack?
    3) Milwaukee- They are finally free from the Selig Cheapskating ways and its starting to show.
    4) Cincinnati- Feel free to laugh call me a homer, but the reds season comes down to how well/poorly the rotation of Harang, Arroyo, Claussen, Milton, and (Insert pitcher here) holds up. Harang and Claussen should be very good the wild card is Arroyo.
    5) Da Cubs- Dusty "the young arm slayer" will feel the hot seat early and often as he continues to ruin the cubs young arms. First Wood, now Prior, whos next Zambrano? Cubs fans should be worried.
    6) Pittsburgh- Its the Pirates.....
    Wow did Chicago SUCK .

NL West- *starts to draw names out of the hat*
    1) San Diego
    2) Arizona
    3) LA- New Power structure takes time to mold the team
    4) SF- Can the ageless wonders stay healthy? My money is on no, but their meal ticket should be there for most games (I predict in the 140-150 range). He alone wont be enough as the age catches up with many on the team.
    oh wow i forgot Colorado... ok im over it.
    Playoff teams: NL=3/4 AL= 2/4 not bad overall.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Halladay_is_God
    AL East
    Yankees
    Blue Jays - WC
    Red Sox
    Orioles
    Rays

AL Central
    Twins (maybe i'm just crazy)
    White Sox
    Indians
    Tigers
    Royals

AL West
    Angels
    Athletics
    Rangers
    Mariners

NL East
    Braves
    Phillies
    Mets
    Nationals
    Marlins

NL Central
    Cardinals
    Astros - WC
    Brewers
    Cubs
    Reds
    Pirates

NL West
    Padres
    Dodgers
    Diamondbacks
    Giants
    Rockies
    I was wrong on the AL and NL WC, the AL West, and NL East (just terrible for me).

but I'm happy I nailed the Twins (crazy works!!!) and Padres as division winners and the Jays being 2nd in the division for once was nice.
    S3SL: Toronto Blue Jays' GM - rebuilding to division winner
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7...illsnewbh6.jpg

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    AL East
    1. NY Yankees
    2. Toronto Blue Jays
    3. Boston Red Sox
    4. Tampa Devil Rays
    5. Baltimore O's
    Tampa Bay had to disappoint me.

AL Central
    1. Chicago White Sox
    2. Cleveland Indians - Wild Card
    3. Detroit Tigers
    4. Minnesota Twins
    5. KC Royals
    Boy did I screw that up.

AL West
    1. LA Angels
    2. Oakland A's
    3. Texas Rangers
    4. Seattle M's
    If the Angels had depth......

NL East
    1. Atlanta Braves
    2. NY Mets
    3. Philadelphia Phillies
    4. Washington Nationals
    5. Florida Marlins
    Nothing was right.

NL Central
    1. St. Louis Cardinals
    2. Houston Astros
    3. Milwaukee Brewers
    4. Chicago Cubs
    5. Pittsburgh Pirates
    6. Cincinatti Reds
    The Cubs really suck and the Reds are better than I thought.

NL West
    1. LA Dodgers
    2. SD Padres - Wild Card
    3. SF Giants
    4. Arizona DBacks
    5. Colorado Rockies
    Only a tiebreaker kept it from being perfect.

AL CY- Rich Harden, OAK
    AL MVP- Travis Hafner, CLE
    NL CY- Jake Peavy, SD
    NL MVP- Albert Pujols, STL
    AL CY will be wrong, Hafner needed a better team, Carpenter will beat out Peavy, and Pujols has some competition for NL MVP.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast