Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball to Investigate Steroid Use

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    My question was not "Do you think what Bonds did is as bad as what Rose did?"

My question was "Would you be okay with whatever MLB does if that means banning Barry Bonds for life, as they did to Rose?"

I'm still waiting for an answer to it.
    There is no way Bonds could be banned when many other players were doing it at the time. I am also glad to saw the way in the other thread

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    There is no way Bonds could be banned when many other players were doing it at the time. I am also glad to saw the way in the other thread
    That's still not an answer to my question. It's a "yes" or "no" question, so please answer it as such. Don't tell me why you think he won't be banned, just tell me if you'd be okay with it if it happened.

Saw the way? Giving up on you as I have with so many other Giants fans is not "seeing the way". Bonds is still a cheat and a criminal, and despite your best efforts, your words can't change that. If you choose to believe him over all the evidence against him, that's your prerogative. I choose to believe the overwhelming amount of evidence against him.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    I'm confident that Selig the dumbo-eared assclown will come down hard on a few Triple A and MLB bench players that nobody has ever heard of.

You love this guy...you know you do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Baseball to Investigate Steroid Use-tx_bbonds-jpg  

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    uh, no...I love women...you can have your sausage fest buddy

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    That's still not an answer to my question. It's a "yes" or "no" question, so please answer it as such. Don't tell me why you think he won't be banned, just tell me if you'd be okay with it if it happened.

Saw the way? Giving up on you as I have with so many other Giants fans is not "seeing the way". Bonds is still a cheat and a criminal, and despite your best efforts, your words can't change that. If you choose to believe him over all the evidence against him, that's your prerogative. I choose to believe the overwhelming amount of evidence against him.
    Giving up You were talking about irrevlenat shit like elbow surgery. You were all over the place and trying to have it both ways.

As far as your question, if Selig banned Bonds then no I would not be fine with it. Plenty of men have cheated and nothing happened as far as a ban.

MLB ERA
    great timing for this eh? right before opening day. Its pretty pathetic there only doing this because of 2 bonds haters wrote a book based on a personal bias point of view.

i said it before, you cant accuse anyone of cheating when you dont even know what they did was cheating or not

rose betted on baseball and he's banned, so did shoeless joe jackson and he's banned, and its written in every single locker room not to be bet on baseball, it doesn't say not to use steriods.

Comparing Bonds to Rose is irrelevant

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    i mean, really, who gives a shit? If Bonds were hitting homers for your team, you'd love him too.

Its his business if he wants shrunken balls, not mine.
    The art of being an engineer: packing 10 lbs of crap into a 5 lb box.

"If Hooter's fell, for all practical purposes the world was lost." Von Neumann's War
    http://www.myspace.com/rockinray1

AA ERA
    Honestly, I think going into the past is stupid... Worry about whats going on now and trying to clear it from baseball. This is a investigation centered around Bonds more so than any other player suspected of using steriods in the past.

Funny how Selig has known this has been going on for numerous years and now that Bonds is closing in on Hank Aaron he decides "Oh ok, I think now is the appropriate time to check and see which of my little bat swingers was doing a No-No!"

This whole thing is a fluke because like a lawyer for a MLB player said players can't be forced to testify because there is no sapina or grand jury forcing them too, so by law they don't have too. Then you will see baseball threaten to suspend or fine these players and it will all just become a bigger mess rather than something positive.

Another one of Selig's dumb moves that stands a higher chance of failing rather than doing anything positive for baseball.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    No one has mentioned the comment from the fidiot Selig...."the investigation is for the integrity of the game" HA, since when has he given a rats ass about the "integrity" of the game? Rich coming from such a buffoon. I agree with BoSox34. Yet, we are STILL stuck with this fidiot until 2009......shameful.....shameful......and nothing but lip service....
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

Quote Originally Posted by riverdunesrat
    No one has mentioned the comment from the fidiot Selig...."the investigation is for the integrity of the game" HA, since when has he given a rats ass about the "integrity" of the game? Rich coming from such a buffoon. I agree with BoSox34. Yet, we are STILL stuck with this fidiot until 2009......shameful.....shameful......and nothing but lip service....
    You have to wonder where this "integrity of the game" stuff was when Sosa, McGuire and Bonds were shattering the HR record (and it was clear something was terribily wrong) --- all of a sudden? Well the owners were making lots of money and Selig and the rest of 'em just turned their heads. Shameful is right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12