Thread: Huge Game

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Huge Game

The winner of the Huge game tonight goes to....

This is where you tell who had a phenomenal game.

A lot of great games tonight by the Yankees, Reds, Braves, Tigers...

The winner for me goes to the Reds after a huge comeback against Kerry Wood. A pitcher that has dominated the Reds in the past. The Cubs took off with many home runs in the first few innings and a 4-o lead. Says all but a win with their stud on the mound, but the Reds fought back to win it on great bullpen pitching and excellent offensive performances.

The Clubhouse Co-Mod HuskerFan2002's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    I was very impressed with the Reds comeback win. I think this team is for real and could contend for the NL wildcard. Don't say "It's only two weeks" excuse.

Putting A-Rod to shame A's Baby Girl's Avatar
    AAA ERA
    Kerry Wood has lost it. The Cubs should trade him while they can still get something for him. I was listening to Sporting News radio a few nights ago and one of the hosts was saying the Yanks could very well trade for him by midseason. Makes sense to me, tho who knows how he will deal with the pressure of NY. He's already gotten his feathers ruffled by comments in the Chicago papers.

MLB ERA
    That Braves game was something else.

Wood needs a pitching coach to teach him to pitch, not to throw. Hmm, Yankees, I dont' know who I would want.
    LOVE THEE NOTRE DAME!

I would take Wood but you would not get much. The Yankees do not have much of a farm system. The Cubs would not want many of the contracts of our MLBers.

It would have to be a dump by the Cubs for some prospects.

Old Style Drinker
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by A's Baby Girl
    Kerry Wood has lost it. The Cubs should trade him while they can still get something for him. I was listening to Sporting News radio a few nights ago and one of the hosts was saying the Yanks could very well trade for him by midseason. Makes sense to me, tho who knows how he will deal with the pressure of NY. He's already gotten his feathers ruffled by comments in the Chicago papers.
    he'd have to waive that notrade clause of his. and you think the cubs would just take trash for him? thats all the yankees have to trade: trash.

1. I think he would waive it(No Trade Clause) to play for a contender. Plenty of guys in better spots than Wood have wanted a change of scenery.
    2. Even as bad as the Yankees are right now, they do not have anthing of value. I said it...they would only be able to offer trash. It would have to be a dump by the Cubs...if the Yankees are involved.

Then again, I don't see anyone else trading away the gems of their farm system for an often injured inconsistent guy like that. He had flashes of talent but what is he going to give anyone for a full season will be what any good GM mulls over.

Quote Originally Posted by rockin500
    he'd have to waive that notrade clause of his. and you think the cubs would just take trash for him? thats all the yankees have to trade: trash.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Big game last night may have been Dodgers vs. Brewers. Dodgers came back for the win in extra innings after being down 6-0. Big game by Bradley. The Dodgers are really on fire right now.

I'm a Cardinals Freak StlCards4ever515's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    These next 2 games, Cards vs Cubs are going to be huge games!

What Woods needs is a manager who doesn't wear out every pitcher he touches. Until he gets traded or Dusty gets fired that won't happen......

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Gotta say the Cards at Reds game tonight. Cards come back and win after trailing in the ninth by 6 runs with 2 outs. Very crazy game and I hated the ending very much.