Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: astrics on players records

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo
    It probably has something to do with bigger muscles allowing you to hit the ball farther.

That's just a guess, though.
    actually, it has more to do with the fact that the roids will help a person's body recover from a bout of exercise (playing baseball daily in this case or being able to lift weights more often to increase the muscle in a shorter time frame) a lot quicker and allow them to play at a higher level on a regular basis. This makes a lot of sense if you think about the fact that hitting a baseball requires hand-eye coordination. Taking steroids will not improve your hand-eye coordination. This also makes sense when you think about a pitcher taking steroids. Pitchers aren't throwing 200 MPH or anything, it just helps them recover quicker.

08 AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee Pronk48's Avatar
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83
    ok smartass, suppose ur at a party and ur the designated driver and ur not drinkin alcohol that night

you ask one of your friends to get you a soda and he puts alcohol in it, and you eventually end up drinking it

so u unknowingly drank alcohol
    I think you would taste the alcohol and the extreme difference in taste of the soda,and would stop drinking it.

Just like if I were "unknowingly" taking 'roids I would notice my balls shrinking,my muscles getting unsually bigger,and my hair falling out.Not to mention mood swings like I am PMSing.

Barry can say he didn't know exactly what he was taking,but he can't say he couldn't notice the major changes going on with his body.Also,someone as health conscience as athletes would want to ****ing KNOW what they are putting on/in thier bodies.

But as for the asterick,'roids were not banned or tested for until last year.So technically,it doesn't make it against the rules until last year.Though it was still immoral,wrong,stupid,and dangerous.But if MLB can find the drug test results reported in "Book of Shadows" and those show that he did use 'roids,then I am all for the asterick.Also put an asterick next to anyone else that you can PROVE took drugs now banned in MLB though,not only Bonds,because that would be unfair and possibly racist.
    Cleveland Indians : 0-5, 5th AL Central
    Pittsburgh Pirates Record: 3-2. 1st NL Central

MLB ERA
    ok, suppose ur at a party and ur the designated driver and ur not drinkin alcohol that night

you ask one of your friends to get you a soda and he puts alcohol in it, and you eventually end up drinking it

so u unknowingly drank alcohol
    I think I would start getting suspicious once I started getting drunk...

and yes, he'd have to slip me enough alcohol to get me drunk to make your comparrison akin to the Bonds situation.
    Last edited by HollywoodLeo; 01-22-2015 at 06:49 PM. Reason: "comarison" :40lol:
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Anyways, Bonds takes his steroids from injections in his asscheeks and from rubbing products on his skin. It's a little hard to "unknowingly" take steroids when a needle is hanging from your butt.

MLB ERA
    I missed this since I was on a retreat, but why the **** can't you spell anything? How is Mcquire anything like Mcgwire, and what is an astric? If I can't understand what you're saying how could I ever take you seriously? Oh, and BTW if your gonna get big with people at least do some research, cuz you sound like me in the Ask Generalissimo Forum, and I'm trying to be a douche there.

Dry: Avoid the flaming messages.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    Barroid.
    Stop using my copyrighted satirical name for him or pay me royalties, damnit!
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dam8610
    You actually expect people to believe that in the example you gave, the person would not notice the taste of the alcohol?

Same goes for Bonds. Do you really think he's stupid enough to not notice his muscles suddenly getting huge? He might not notice the head swelling because of his massive ego, but the muscle growth would be a dead giveaway. If he really "unknowingly" took steroids, he'd get suspicious when he bulked up overnight, and he'd start asking his trainer questions about what he was actually taking.
    he was takin supplaments provided by his trainer that were suppose to be legal at that time so how the hell is he suppose to know its steriods?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by McKain
    Poor example - Marvin Benard never have power to begin with. He took steroids to get power that would keep him on an MLB roster.

Most of the big hitters who have taken steroids had great power, but wanted greater power.
    u still cant prove that steriods actually worked?

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Are you saying that Bonds and McGwire DIDN'T do steroids?

Oh that's right. They didn't admit to anything in front of Congress when they were subpoenaed, so they mustn't have done anything. Silly me.

No, we're bashing Bonds because he's still active while McGwire and Sosa are retired. And oh yeah, also because Bonds is a jerk, yes.

It's not coming from what the media says, it's coming from facts: (1) records being destroyed at alarming rates, (2) players turning into Hulk while destroying these records, (3) anecdotal and circumstantial evidence of steroid usage from these players, etc. etc. etc.

Okay, now you're just being stupid.
    bonds wasn't at the congressional hearings mcqwire n sosa n i didn't hear them say "yes we took roids" so i will always give them the benefit of the doubt

u know so what if bonds is a jerk to everyone? he gets paid to play baseball not to be mr nice guy n mr media suck up like everyone else, plus nice guys finish last anyways

records are meant to be broken, this is an era where baseball players starting weight lifting also, this is an era where new smaller hittter friendly stadiums are being built also, this is an era where technology is getting advanced also where players can see videos of the pitchers n ect, why arent u considering all those things into play?

if u think i'm being stupid by my example, then ur just ignorant to believe what the media says about bonds

GF: Watch the flaming

AAA ERA
    if u think i'm being stupid by my example, then ur just an ignorant fool to believe what the media says about bonds
    Non sequitur

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    This makes a lot of sense if you think about the fact that hitting a baseball requires hand-eye coordination. Taking steroids will not improve your hand-eye coordination.
    Sure, roids won't improve your hand-eye coordination, but the problem with this argument is that roids will determine whether or not your hit was just a long fly out or it was deposited into McCovey Cove.
    rf28

MLB ERA
    Please tell me the 83 isn't the year he was born.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry1313
    I missed this since I was on a retreat, but why the **** can't you spell anything? How is Mcquire anything like Mcgwire, and what is an astric? If I can't understand what you're saying how could I ever take you seriously? Oh, and BTW if your gonna get big with people at least do some research, cuz you sound like me in the Ask Generalissimo Forum, and I'm trying to be a douche there. So, either you're trying to be a douche or are a whiny 12 year old brat who has a hard-on for Barroid.
    this aint no english 101

its just an online message board, and if i misspelled a name of a baseball player and one word i dont know why are u makin a big deal about it

if you couldn't understand what i was writing then i understand where ur commin from, but its only 2 words not ur 2nd grade english class

i'm not trying to get big with anyone here, i'm just asking who ever thinks steriods help you you hit homeruns are out of there minds because if that was true an average joe could use steriods and go on a baseball diamond would start droppin bombs

And i did do my research this era everyones saying "oh look at HRs records" blah blah
    this is the same era where we have new hitter friendly stadiums being built left n right, this is an era where technology has improved, an era where ball players actually starting condioning, working out n ect

AAA ERA
    yeh whys we gotta youse englis good?!1 yous know wut i'ma sayin n ect. you cant prove it.

MLB ERA
    yo im dumb smart ya'll just don't know my starrroidd idear is mad innteliggent and blah blah blah, you're wrong, so just give it up already, and go suck your bottle

+rep for hmark btw

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast