Thread: astrics on players records

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    atric

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83

bonds unknowingly took roids

He either took them or he didn't. The "I didn't know I was being given roids" cop out is a bunch of BS.
    Even if he didn't know at first, don't you think he'd start to get suspicious at his sudden muscle growth spurts?

can anyone prove that steriods help u hit HRs? are there any scientifical facts that prove it?
    It probably has something to do with bigger muscles allowing you to hit the ball farther.

That's just a guess, though.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

AAA ERA
    GiantsFan83...I am sure many of you know how I feel about this issue so I will not go into the steriods issue but Pac Bell/SBC/ATT ballpark is NOT a hitters park for a lefthanded hitter. Aside from Bonds very few HR's
    have been hit there.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I unknowingly ate 3 slices of pizza and unknowingly drank 2 cans of Pepsi this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    GiantsFan83...I am sure many of you know how I feel about this issue so I will not go into the steriods issue but Pac Bell/SBC/ATT ballpark is NOT a hitters park for a lefthanded hitter. Aside from Bonds very few HR's
    have been hit there.
    Willie Mc should have had a chance at Pac-whatever. He'd hit the Cover a few times I'm betting!

AAA ERA
    DirtyKash...Then you could unknowingly have indigestion and gas later today!

AAA ERA
    Kid... I am sure you are right but there are very few Willie Mc's!!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    Fact #1 - Before 1998, Bonds hit a HR every 16 at-bats. From 1998 on, Bonds hit a HR every 8 at-bats.

Fact #2 - In his "earlier" years, McGwire averaged a HR every 14 at-bats. In his steroid years, McGwire averaged a HR every 8.1 at-bats.

Fact #3 - In his non-steroid years, Sosa averaged a HR every 15.07 at-bats. From 1998 on, Sosa averaged a HR every 10.6 at-bats.

And those are the facts.
    so based on that ur sayin sosa n mcquire used steriods also? when they didn't admit to anything at the moment

but u guys will bash barry bonds regardless because he's a jerk?

so based on numbers ur gona think its helped'em?

were there any studies done by doctors that proves ur point? because basically ur point is comming from what the media says

because lets be honest if steriods "helped u hit HRs" then everyone who uses them would be playing baseball n hitting 50-60 hrs

marvin benard used steriods i didn't c him hitting any hrs? he cant even hit the ball for god sakes

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    I unknowingly ate 3 slices of pizza and unknowingly drank 2 cans of Pepsi this afternoon.
    ok, suppose ur at a party and ur the designated driver and ur not drinkin alcohol that night

you ask one of your friends to get you a soda and he puts alcohol in it, and you eventually end up drinking it

so u unknowingly drank alcohol

(Moderator Note: Edited due to flame)

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    have been hit there.
    thas why i said semi-hitters park if u read my post

its still 10 times better place to hit than candlestick was

MLB ERA
    ok smartass, suppose ur at a party and ur the designated driver and ur not drinkin alcohol that night

you ask one of your friends to get you a soda and he puts alcohol in it, and you eventually end up drinking it

You actually expect people to believe that in the example you gave, the person would not notice the taste of the alcohol?

Same goes for Bonds. Do you really think he's stupid enough to not notice his muscles suddenly getting huge? He might not notice the head swelling because of his massive ego, but the muscle growth would be a dead giveaway. If he really "unknowingly" took steroids, he'd get suspicious when he bulked up overnight, and he'd start asking his trainer questions about what he was actually taking.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/1526/jenkssigya5.jpg

Carlos Quentin for MVP!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

The circular debate.

MLB ERA
    because lets be honest if steriods "helped u hit HRs" then everyone who uses them would be playing baseball n hitting 50-60 hrs

marvin benard used steriods i didn't c him hitting any hrs? he cant even hit the ball for god sakes
    Poor example - Marvin Benard never have power to begin with. He took steroids to get power that would keep him on an MLB roster.

Most of the big hitters who have taken steroids had great power, but wanted greater power.

AAA ERA
    mcquire

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    so based on that ur sayin sosa n mcquire used steriods also? when they didn't admit to anything at the moment
    Are you saying that Bonds and McGwire DIDN'T do steroids?

Oh that's right. They didn't admit to anything in front of Congress when they were subpoenaed, so they mustn't have done anything. Silly me.

but u guys will bash barry bonds regardless because he's a jerk?
    No, we're bashing Bonds because he's still active while McGwire and Sosa are retired. And oh yeah, also because Bonds is a jerk, yes.

were there any studies done by doctors that proves ur point? because basically ur point is comming from what the media says
    It's not coming from what the media says, it's coming from facts: (1) records being destroyed at alarming rates, (2) players turning into Hulk while destroying these records, (3) anecdotal and circumstantial evidence of steroid usage from these players, etc. etc. etc.

ok, suppose ur at a party and ur the designated driver and ur not drinkin alcohol that night

Okay, now you're just being stupid.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast