View Poll Results: Which hitter from "The Steroid Era" deserves to get into the HOF?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ken Griffey, Jr.

24 96.00%
  • Sammy Sosa

8 32.00%
  • Mark McGwire

9 36.00%
  • Barry Bonds

11 44.00%
  • Rafael Palmeiro

3 12.00%
  • Barry Larkin

10 40.00%
  • Derek Jeter

18 72.00%
  • Alex Rodriguez

20 80.00%
  • Albert Pujols

18 72.00%
  • Mike Piazza

16 64.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which hitters do you think should get into the HOF from "The Steroid Era"

MLB ERA
    Mike Piazza set a new record for HRs by a catcher and was the standard bearer for so long at a position that didnt exactly have a lot of stellar players.

Barry Larkin deserves to be compared to SS that came along when he was in his prime. His numbers are just as good if not better than Ozzie Smith and Cal Ripken among others dont have the exact names in front of me.

Ken Griffey, Jr hasnt gotten any bigger in his career and set a new mark for fastest player to500 hrs.

ARod and Albert will probably end up shattering the HR records.

Palmerio probably deserves to get in EVENTUALLY for the 3000+ hits, because steroids or not you still have to have talent to get that many hits.

Bonds will, dont know if i would vote b/c of his reaction to the steroids questions. Sammy and Big Mac are in the same boat IMO.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

AAA ERA
    DirtyKash... I thought we were talking about the players in this poll. I agree
    Carter does not belong either, along with several others!

This is where I have a hard time with the HOF. Typically fans and media alike compare one man's stats to somebody who has already been elected to the HOF (rightfully or not). The 'ol the newws guy has better stats than the guy whop was voted in. Well the guy who was voted in never should have been and it's high time the votes stopped that. It's just not right.. It's the old two wrongs don't make a right thing!

As always, just my opinion.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    So we should keep Piazza out of the Hall to stop the injustice? Doing so will only add to the injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    So we should keep Piazza out of the Hall to stop the injustice? Doing so will only add to the injustice.
    No, I'm just saying that somewhere along the line players need to quality for the HOF based on what they did not what somebody else did. I have no problem with Piazza but I don't like it when people say, so and so should get in because his numbers are better than some guy who is already in (and shouldn't be). The question should always be "does the player who is eligible have HOF numbers" --- that's all. It's a shame the Hall is cheapened by players who got voted in who really didn't have numbers and longevity to warrant election.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    IMO, I believe Frank Thomas should at least be on this list, because personally, I have him in. 2 MVP's, a batting title, 450 HR's and a .307 career average and from 93-97 he was clearly one of the top 3 hitters in all of baseball.

No love for the Hurt?!?

MLB ERA
    Sandy Koufax should not be in the Hall of Fame.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Witlon
    IMO, I believe Frank Thomas should at least be on this list, because personally, I have him in. 2 MVP's, a batting title, 450 HR's and a .307 career average and from 93-97 he was clearly one of the top 3 hitters in all of baseball.

No love for the Hurt?!?
    I concur...he's 52 away from 500 and if he plays even 2 more years he should easily get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    Sandy Koufax should not be in the Hall of Fame.
    That is an interesting point.

So why is he in? Therein lies the problem. I'm not really sure why he's in!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    The sarcasm in this thread is absolutely lost on some people . . .

Put down your pipe, man. If Ozzie doesn't belong in the Hall, no one does.
    I guess nobody does then, because I could never be convinced, and I'm not the only avid baseball fan that feels that way. The only HOF'er I hear more griping about than Ozzie is Phil Rizzuto.

Quote Originally Posted by SF Kid
    This is where I have a hard time with the HOF. Typically fans and media alike compare one man's stats to somebody who has already been elected to the HOF (rightfully or not). The 'ol the newws guy has better stats than the guy whop was voted in. Well the guy who was voted in never should have been and it's high time the votes stopped that. It's just not right.. It's the old two wrongs don't make a right thing!
    Very well put, I agree totally. The Hall has already been watered down, so why water it down some more.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    He's not on there because there were enough options to put him in. I wanted to take everyone's pulse on the young guys and someone like Larkin.
    rf28

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Ernie Banks and A-Rod...that's two.
    Ok if you want to count Ernie that's fine but I don't. He played half his career at SS and the rest at first. I was referring to the man with the most homers of any SS and that's Cal Ripken Jr.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeaaaaaaaah...Ripken. I completely forgot about him. LOL.

MLB ERA
    I voted for everyone except Sosa, Bonds, McGwire and Palmeiro.

No reason to explain why those four are in a different category for me.
    The Simpson family gathers around, as Homer places Bart's passed test on the fridge.)

Homer: We're proud of you, boy.

Bart: Thanks, Dad. But part of this D-minus belongs to God.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast